What's new

Review-Buena Vista Tobacco Factory Edicion Limitada 2008, Short Churchill

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Newly minted BOTL.org member, Gary Heathcott, was kind enough to send me a few samples of Buena Vista Tobacco Factory's Edicion Limitada 2008 cigars. Along with a the cigars, Gary also sent a great CD, which set the mood for my first tasting from the Edicion Limitada, the Short Churchill. Thanks, Gary!

According to the Buena Vista website, the Short Churchill is 54 x 4 ¼" vitola consisting of Ecuadorian tobaccos. The cigar itself is nothing short of beautiful. The colorado claro wrapper is nearly flawless, and sports an oily sheen.

The lit cigar produces a decent amount of aromatic smoke; no complaints about burn or draw. This mild to medium bodied cigar is full of creamy, sweet and savory flavors.

About half-way through the cigar, I was reminded of a thread posted here sometime during the past year or so in whcih someone commented about their frustration with buying cigars that are not "ready to smoke." Often, I read reviews that end with statements along the lines of "this cigar is good, but will be great with some age," etc. The 2008 Edicion Limitada, Short Churchill is ready to smoke. In this regard, I did not detect any unpleasant tannins during the entire 50-60 minutes. And, since my crystal ball is cracked, I cannot say if these cigars will improve with age; but, who cares, the sample I smoked was almost perfect now.

This is a great cigar and I look forward to trying more sizes and blends from Buena Vista.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nice review. I had the very same expereince with this cigars bigger brother only I found it a solid medium smoke.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nice review, now where is the pictures from the session? :wtf:

I'm letting mine sit a few more days in the humidor to make sure they're back where they should be after the short shipping experience.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Nice review. So far it looks like the stick is living up to its billing.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Nice review. I had the very same expereince with this cigars bigger brother only I found it a solid medium smoke.
I smoked the Churchill this weekend and it is definitely a solid medium; the short Churchill seemed a bit lighter. Both were full of flavor and great cigars.

Nice review, now where is the pictures from the session? :wtf:
:cbig:<--No photos; but, I may have looked a little like this...

Nice review. So far it looks like the stick is living up to its billing.

It exceeded my expectations.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
A trully incredible cigar. I wish I knew the pricepoint on the Short Churchill. I smoked one of the samples while driving in my car and absolutely loved them. As a CC fan, these are very cubanesque and deliver a smooth smoking experience. It is one of the best smokes of the year for me.

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Short Churchill should sell for $10-$12, but prices are really predicated by individual state taxes and retailer markup.