What's new

Review contest cigar 1

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I'm glad to have tried one, I've only had 1 AVO before and it was good. I would smoke more of these, fromou a better stored box. I think Rigil is right abt the bad batch.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Not surprised, I didn't like it the first time either. Got the same harshness in that one. Honestly, I was ashamed to say I didn't like it the first time since it was supposed to be a great stick. I would have liked to have tried one that drew better to see if it would have changed my opinion any.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Sounds like they were stored poorly and you guys got unlucky.
I have had a few avo's on the cheaper lines, from my local spots, and they were all pretty solid smokes for the price ranges.
Maybe they could have some aging, I wouldnt know, but it's a shame it sounds like the cigars had potential to be better than you got.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
hahaha...I knew it!!!

I have a box of these and I love them :grin:

I haven't smoked one in a while, but I thought they were much bolder than that. Plus I can't remember it having such a bad burn.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Now that IS a surprise! I don't usually dis AVOs so much and usually keep a few Domaines in the humidor. Ah well, points out one interesting result of blind tastings......