What's new

Review Contest Cigar 6!!!!!!!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
The final cigar in our contest is up, so use this opportnity to show off your writing skills and make this cigar come alive to those who are reading it, and maybe you will become the winner of the 1st Review contest and recieve a nice 6 pack of all the cigars previously smoked!!!!!:blob:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Can't wait to see the final one! This contest was a great idea. I am probably the world's biggest fan of blind reviews. Really throws away all the persuasive second-hand opinions we factor into our own ratings, whether it be a brand name affiliation, rants/raves from others, the origin of the cigar, marketing hype, etc.. It's the only true way to make sure you're really liking what you're smoking and smoking what you're liking.
Blind reviews are the ultimate proof that we enjoy cigars because of our love of tobacco, not our love to be associated with a certain class/group of people (which I see all to often while working at my B&M). Even the most experienced smokers are influenced at least somewhat by second-hand information. It's like that psychologist who proved that we go along with what the group says.
I have seen Macanudos be described as premium cigars, and Cabaiguans thought of as complete crap because of blind reviews. This is something that would almost never happen in daily life! I cannot speak enough good words about blind reviews.

TYLER

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
#6: Saving the best for last.

And since we finally have some nice weather. I figured I'd take advantage of this stick in the right atmosphere. 70 degrees with little wind and a bottle of Graham's 10 year Tawny Porto. Nice stuff.

This one was a treat. My favorite of all these nice sticks that Benzo had picked. I think I have this one locked.

This stick had a very nice wrapper with excellent light veining throughout. The cap was a very well constructed triple. The cut was nice and clean with a full predraw that had an earthy, but spicy leather tang to it.

The lite was nice. With a beautiful ash that held firm for 2.25" before I had to let it down.

This stick had a little wiggle in the burn, but not enough to effect the full smoke and wonderful leathery spice that ran consistant until about the last 1/4 of the stick. It picked up a little at that point but was pleasing until my fingers started to blister.

Plenty of smoke with this bad boy. Very easy draw and wonderful with my few glasses of port.

This is a wonderful stick through and thru. I would smoke these everyday if I could afford them. But if it is what I believe it is. It would get pricey.

GREAT STICK!!!

Appearance: 15/15
Ash: 10/10
Draw: 10/10
Burn: 8/10
Smoke: 10/10
Flavor: 18/20
Uniqueness: 9/10
Finish: 14/15

Score: 94/100

I would have scored it higher, but I have to leave hope that there may be better out there to be checked.

Thanks Benzo for a great taster. I appreciate being involved and I learned a lot from this.

Chow for now.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Wow! Nice score there and nice review. Cant wait for the rest to go up, as I am extremely interested to see what peeps think of this cigar. Thats why its last!!!!!!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Parejo? Figurado? Are you guys allowed to post the size, or do you have to keep that quiet until all the reviews are in? Even just a common name (torpedo, robusto, etc...) would rock! Although if you're not supposed to post it then please don't!
I'm itchin' to see what this one is!

TYLER

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
If I remeber right, it is toro sized. After reading Hendy's review, I think I may be smoking this one tonight.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
If I remeber right, it is toro sized. After reading Hendy's review, I think I may be smoking this one tonight.
I stand corrected. After looking at this again last night, it's a big puppy. Coorona I would say. I does look yummy, but I will need more time.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Hey Gents

You boys don't have to smoke #6. You won't like it.:barf: It's really not that good.:barf: :barf: Just send it to me.:grin:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
#6: A Driving Range Review

Well, I woke up knowing my grading is finished and I have few responsibilities remaining for my academic year and thought it a perfect opportunity to treat myself to stick #6 while practicing my golf swing for the first time this season. What better combination can their be than a nice cigar and an opportunity to swing the clubs on a beautiful spring day.
I’m with Hendy when he says this is the best cigar of the bunch. The look, the light, the draw, the flavor, and the smoke made this a truly enjoyable experience.

I carried my clubs to the most isolated part of the driving range, went and purchased my two buckets of balls, and did my pre-routine stretching. Not as young and limber as I once was – and the last thing I needed to have happen was to pull a muscle before the golf season even begins.

Today was the first time I have integrated a cigar into my golf game – and it really made my time on the range more enjoyable. After stretching, I pulled the #6 (cigar, not iron) from the three-finger holder and looked it over. The #6 possessed beautiful color and construction – and a great aroma.

I clipped the cap, nice and clean, and pulled a leathery earthen predraw that was absolutely effortless. The wind caused some havoc getting the #6 lit, but once toasted and fired up I never had to worry again about the light (the consistency of burn is another issue).

After a few draws, the flavor really emerged – and the flavor was recognizable and enjoyable. Light spice, earthy flavors, and a beautifully full smoke. Between swings I would return to the cigar, and each time the flavor was consistent and growing in spice for the first half of the smoke. At the halfway point, the flavor stabilized until the end.

I did discover the cigar served as a fabulous swing tool. While holding the cigar in my lips, I pointed the ash toward the ball. Using the ash as a point of reference, I could see exactly how far I would pull my head of the ball. A little bit is fine, but I could really see how far I would pull off and ultimately cause a miss-hit. What a nice discovery, and it didn’t cost me a $75 lesson!

My only concerns about the #6 are: (1) while the cigar remained lit, I needed to touch up the burn two or three times – nothing major, just a minor annoyance; and (2) the flavor was solid – but not as varied as my top smokes.

I really did enjoy this cigar – and the experience. I think I have a few of these (in a different size) sitting in my aging humidor. I know I’ll have this cigar again.

NICE FINISH BENZO!

Burn: 8/10
Smoke: 10/10
Flavor: 17/20
Uniqueness: 8/10
Score: 92/100

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have to agree this was a fantastic smoke if i am right this is one i had been wanting to try for a while.

I was searching the humi and decided it was a good time to light up #6. This is a beautiful looking cigar and had a wonderful aroma. The wrapper was a nice medium brown color with small veins and no abnormalities.

I poured a glass of Glenlivet Naddura and sat down to enjoy this great looking stick. I clipped that cap and took a draw wow this has some great earthy flavors with a little spice on the tongue.

The Light was quick and never had to worry about it agian. The burn was perfect and never had to be touched up. The draw was just how i like it not as loose as breathing but no difficulties either. I like to know that im smoking.

It took a little while for the cigar to give me the smoke i wanted. there was little smoke for the first inch but the flavor was still there. after that inch the volume of smoke picked up as did the flavor. This was a great cigar.

The finish was long with earthy and spice flavors that lingered for a while but wasn't unpleasant. I would recommend this cigar to anyone.

Burn: 9/10
Smoke: 8/10
Flavor: 17/20
Uniqueness: 8/10

Total: 91/100
and can only get better with age
Thanks benzo it was a blast and i look forward to the next contest

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Are you sure you want my review posted? Mine won't be nearly as high as the others. Seems I had some draw, burn and taste issues. Damn near plugged it was.. Thank God for my Henry's Draw tools!