Review of Cohiba Siglo 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

The cigar of the week is the Cohiba Siglo 2

Wrapper color : Colorado

Type : small Corona

Pre lightning : mainly barnyard with some leather

1st third : A pretty much fast beginning with a salted flavour. On the retrohaling, I sense some vegetal and earthy (moss) aromas with maybe some leather.

2nd third : not many changes with still a salted flavour. The aromas remains very vegetal and earthy and maybe some cocoa.

3rd third : still no changes with the same salted flavour (and some bitterness is coming) and vegetal – earthy aromas.

Generally speaking, I must admit that it was a little disappointing. I was expecting something more intense and richer with this brand. Finally, the cigar didn’t evolve and I didn’t feel much excitement while smoking. Small consolation : the drawing was excellent and the combustion also great.

What I liked

• the drawing
  • the burning
What I didn’t like

• limited aromas
  • linear aromas
To conclude, I’ll say that the cigar is not that bad but I was expecting something richer and more intense (with aromas) especially considering the price.

My rating will be 6/10.

Attachments

yeahoner

The Engineer Is Always Right
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you smoked a cohiba robusto? i’d be curious to hear a comparison. i’ve been tempted to get a box of these smaller ones, but it’s an investment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't smoked yet but have one in my cave that I intend to smoke soon. I'll tell you of course :)

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
could not be a real Cohiba, you did not get ANY of the typical Cohiba flavors.
no barnyard or leather in Cohiba.

I find your reviews surprising, as you get strange flavors and aromas in everything you review.
curious to know your source for these cigars.
would appreciate close up pics of the Cohiba band........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now I'm buying all my cigars individually so can't be sure they're not fake : you're right.

Anyway I made some research and have found very mixed opinions on this cigar. It was mainly on french forum so maybe our palate is weird lol.

Otherwise it doesn't impossible to find leather aromas : for example I found this:

I had already smoked a cohiba but it was very different than this one and more classic. That's also why it was surprising.

I'll try others and we'll see

Nacho Daddy

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" would appreciate close up pics of the Cohiba band. "

the one you smoked, of course.

where are you buying these, individually ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't have any other picture sorry
I bought it in what we called a "Civette" in France so not sure it was well kept indeed.
Now I bought some in a specialized shop so should be better
I'll try a Cohiba Robusto soon so will tell you :)

Nacho Daddy

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
try an Upmann #2 next.

your impressions will be interesting.