What's new

Review of Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Especial

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

This review will be about the Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Especial

Wrapper color : Colorado

Type : Double robusto

Pre light : mostly herbal and cedar. The construction seems good.

1st third : I was expecting something sweet and was a little surprised because the savour was a little bitter but not unpleasant.

On the retrohaling, the aromas are from my point of view vegetal (herbal) and cacao.

2nd third : the flavour stays bitter and the aromas become a little more on the nuts (very pleasant) with also some wood (oak I’ll say).

3rd third : No big changes on the savour and the aromas tend now more toward the « toasted » with still the wood andnthe nuts even more pronounced (almonds maybe).

I was a little disappointed with the burning with an uneven burning of the cigar I had to compensate twice (cf pictures).

What I like :
  • Some nice aromas (nuts especially)
  • good density of the smoke
What I didn’t like :
  • a limited panel sensorial
  • a little bitter (to my mind)
  • the burning
I guess you’ll have understood but I’m a little « divided » : not a bad cigar at all but I was expecting something « more » or maybe I don’t have enough experience to really enjoy it. I guess I’ll try in a few months (and maybe with a cigar a little more aged »).

So general rating will be 7/10 for me because if it wasn’t a « crush », I nevertheless had a good time with this cigar :).

Attachments

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
What was the box code? I’ve heard that Hoyos need some downtime to shine; I’m not the authority on aging but my MAR 19 EE’s just started popping in the past few months

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the box code? I’ve heard that Hoyos need some downtime to shine; I’m not the authority on aging but my MAR 19 EE’s just started popping in the past few months
It wasn't a box
I bought it alone indeed so I don't have a box code.

I think I'll try to buy another one and let it "aged" in my cave

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had the no.2 and if so...which one did u like better

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting read.... I just May happen to have a box of these headed to my house any day now.. glad i read this as I’m new to the whole “attempting” to age sticks :LOL: I’ll be sure to let them sit for awhile... well.. maybe after a couple two, tree of them right away .... lol