What's new

review of Montecristo 4

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

This review will be about the « famous » Montecristo 4

Wrapper color : Colorado

Type : Petit Corona

Pre light : mostly caramel – toffee - nut. The construction of the cigar doesn’t seem great with many « veins » so it worries me a little before lighting it.

1st third : very spicy at the beginning for the flavour and it became softer after. On the retrohaling, the aromas are to my mind very earthy and woody.

2nd third : the flavour stays spicy and a little creamy. The aromas become a little more on the woody side with apparition of nuts and some pepper.

3rd third : No big change on the savour and the aromas came back on the « earthy side » with still the nutty tasty.

It was very nice and pleasant BUT the fear I had concerning the burning was unfortunately real and the burning was really bad.
The draw was also not excellent and the consumption very uneven.

What I liked :
  • Good variety of aromas
  • Very pleasant aromas
What I didn’t like :
  • the drawing
  • the consumption
Globally speaking, I had a great time with this cigar and it’s only the construction that deceived me.
Otherwise, it was really great
So general rating will be 7/10 for me (with a better construction it would have been a 9)

Attachments

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review thank you
So what gave you the impression you were going to have burn issues where the construction problems that evident ???
new to CC's so just asking

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for your reply :) I'm also a beginner but I saw that when the construction doesn't seem good, the consumption can be uneven