What's new

Review Upmann Magnum 54

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

This review will be about the Upmann Magnum 54

Pre light : mostly sweet aroma (chocolate) and wood

1st third : The savour is mostly sweet and there is on the retro olfaction some chocolate’s and nuts’ flavour of nuts also very present.

2nd third : not much evolution with still chocolate’s and nut’s flavor. I also sense the apparition of pepper

3rd third : the cigar tends more on the bitterness. The pepper aroma is more present with still the nuts.

The combustion was OK but the draw not that excellent.
Anyway, I had a good time with that cigar : I really think it enables a good relaxing moment with its sweet aromas (mainly anyway)

What I liked :
  • pleasant and sweet aromas
  • good balance

What I didn’t like :
  • the draw
  • maybe a little lack of varieties
So general rating will be 7/10 for me

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It seems you are getting a lot of bitterness in your cigars.

Several reasons come to mind, dryness, youth, smoking too fast, poor construction.

The presence of any pepperiness is also worrisome ,I do not get pepper ever in a CC.

Upmann is the bastion of leather as a flavor, and it appears in other marcas as well, and you do not seem to taste it.

puzzling ...........but keep or trying !!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for your reply
I don't smoke too fast for sure (more than 1 hour and a half and I really take my time while smoking).

You are probably right about the youth because I bought my cigar individually and don't have any idea of their age.

I've also checked and it appears that many reviews includes indeed this pepper flavour. For example, https://www.cigarslover.com/en/h-upmann-magnum-54-2/ (and there are many more).

Anyway I'll try to develop my palate and continue ;). I also guess that finding flavour depends a lot of your memory so I guess you have tendencies for sure and not a Truth

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do you ever smoke blind? Have someone pull out a couple of cigars, remove their bands and identify them with a number. Make your notes and then compare your notes to the flavor profiles described by people you follow. I think you'll be amazed by how different your reviews are. Tasting is really subjective.

It's also a good idea, when you identify a flavor to compare it to the actual thing. You can make basic tasting kits from items in your pantry and from around the house.