What's new

Review: Viaje Exclusivo Lancero

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Date: 4/1/12

Cigar: Viaje Exclusivo Lancero (7.5" x 40)

Cost: $9.50

Drink: Coke

This cigar was made as an exclusive for Atlantic Cigars 15th Anniversary. I decided to write my review down in a cigar journal that Kyle at Warped Cigars is selling.

Appearance: 1 banded cigar that says "Viaje" on the band. The wapper was dark and oily with a fan tail cap.

Construction: This cigar had a perfect draw. The ash was flaky and wouldn't hang on very long. The burn was pretty decent and only required a few touchups.

First Third: Spicy, chocolate, cocoa, and leathery. The spice only lasted a couple of inches and then it faded away. I started to get a nice herbal flavor from it.

Second Third: Very sweet chocolate flavor. The spice started to come back. I was getting a coffee flavor and then it changed to dark chocolate and the sweetness faded. The spice started to fade again as well.

My smoking buddy Henry:

Final Third: The spice came back. The flavor was dark chocolate like a fudge brownie.

Strength: This was a medium-full flavored cigar.

Summary: This cigar was delicious. I love the Viaje Exclusivo blends, and I love the lancero vitola. I give the cigar a 9.5/10. If the spice was present throughout the entire cigar, I would give it a 10. I would definitely buy these if you can find them.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Great review!

I guess I'm a little shallow...I find the look of a dark, black ash like that to be very unappealing! :frownno:

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Elderboy02. I am working on a jig for my router to make a similar type ashtray. Hope you don't mind if I use yours as a basis of design. I'll let you know how it turns out...
Maybe bomb material if I can get the jig built...

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just finishing my first one of these. Did anyone else find these to have a pretty tight draw? I clipped two and they were both pretty tight.

Great flavor, though. The best Exclusivo I've had so far!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Just finishing my first one of these. Did anyone else find these to have a pretty tight draw? I clipped two and they were both pretty tight.

Great flavor, though. The best Exclusivo I've had so far!
Nope, mine had a great draw and I loved it!.