What's new

RH beads for Desktop Humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 count desktop humidor with a pouch of RH beads for humidity control. I don't want to constantly open the humidor to check to see if I should refill water content for my beads. I have roughly 2 ounces of beads in the pouch I believe. Does anyone else own a similar size desktop humidor and know usually how often I should refill? Is it around 3-4 days or considerably longer?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If you are talking Heartfelt beads, then considerably longer.
indeed...it also depends on the time of year...and for that mater how much to refill them with.

I have a similar set-up (larger humidor...but use beads for humi control) and find in the winter I am refilling the beads much more frequently (3-4 times a month). also in the winter, I pretty much get 90%, if not all fo ym beads clear, as moisture is almost constantly being sucked out of them. During the summer months I need not do this as much at all, and when I do, I only saturate about half my beads, as I want them to have room to remove as well as add moisture as needed

just my $.02...hope this helps

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for letting me know. Now I know I was refilling too often then, since I was unsure of the process. I will be more careful from now on.