What's new

rh to high???

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a new tupperdor that is about the size of a cooler. I washed it out and let it sit for about a week to get rid of the plastic smell.put cedar strips in the bottom and a few empty boxes in it with about 9 oz of beads. Have let it sit undisturbed for about 5 days. Checked the hygrometer and it says its at roughly 73%. I calibrated the hygrometer twice with a bovida pack and it was 2% low each time after 24 hours. How is it over?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
When you put your sticks/boxes in that will help bring it down. What humidity are you trying to reach?

Maybe try putting more beads in. At least that's what I have to do in the summer since the outside humidity jumps up in the summer months

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Was about to go and place the sticks in it to see if that would help bring it down when I saw that the RH is right now at 79%. I would be happy with 65-70%. This is not for aging. Just for bulk storage.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Going to say good seal, wet beads and maybe to wet of boxes? Did u spray down the interior of the boxes? I would suggest rechecking the hygro one last time. (If u have the boveda calibration bag still) after this place your cigars in there with out the beads for a few days see where it's at. Then if it starts to drop add the beads back. If it stays up that high of a RH with out the beads and the smokes....... Your likely to have a high RH (ambient room RH) seeping into the container. Check with just your cigars and no beads in there with the boxes and see what happens.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok will throw them in. I have only about 30ish cigars right now and should have another 10 or so shortly. Was buying this to get ready for the overflow problem. The boxes have been sitting out in the house for about 2 or 3 weeks now with no kind of conditioning. I figured I would let them acclimate with the container. What I was expecting was it to take longer since the boxes would suck up some of the moisture and dead space. Might be a little extra water in the bead container now that you mention it. Over all how does this look for a set up? The container cost me $15.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Salt tests have a much higher rate of failure by their users then bovedas. Personally I'd stick with the boveda test. As far as the op set up? For 15 bucks I think you can't go wrong as long as your happy with it and it holds a constant RH.