What's new

Rifle guys talk to me ...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
^^^ That would be pretty sweet!
Add grilling good food and a couple cocktails and you've had my Bachelor party weekend!
Could easily organize something like that in our area. Perhaps I'll work on that once the weather reaches tolerable.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
dont beat yourself up too bad.. thats not a bad group for the distance considering its your very first time behind that type of rifle.. and that some of the shots were taken from the standing..

remember that most off the shelf m4orgeries are 3 MOA guns at best.. this means if you do everything perfect.. and are able to run the gun at its absolute max capability.. you are looking at a 3" (or larger) hole at 100 yards.... Ive seen plenty of M4's that can only shoot 4-5 MOA on a good day.. no matter what ammo you feed them...

at closer distances.. something to keep in mind is you have a 2 1/2" variance between POA and POI.. that front sight is tall.. and the weapon is designed for you to be looking almost 3 inches above the center of the bore.... not that 50 yards is CQB shooting.. but if youre trying to take a "surgical" shot at that range or any closer.. its something you need to think about/train for when youre starting out....

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
^^^ That would be pretty sweet!
Add grilling good food and a couple cocktails and you've had my Bachelor party weekend!
Could easily organize something like that in our area. Perhaps I'll work on that once the weather reaches tolerable.
That would be dope ... I'd rather drive than fly with guns though. But a weekend meet up shoot, smoke drink and eat.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for the appleseed shoot. One of my best birthday gifts to myself. They will teach you everything you need to know to be an excellent rifleman.

I also decked out my 10/22 as a "Liberty training rifle" by..

-adding tech sights
-volquartsen automatic bolt release
-volquartsen extended magazine release
-quick detach sling attachments
- GI web sling

10/22s are slippery slope. I now want to get one of the target models with the bull barrel to start tinkering on. Hell of a lot cheaper than burning through .308 all the time.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Seriously, sign up for Johnny Apple Seed. They'll teach you infinitely more about marksmanship than any tactical wanna-be soldier class.
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
Lol thanks I'll look into it. I'm going from the ground up. My ego is not in the way. I recognize when i need to learn properly. I'm not new to shooting just to rifles. And I definitely know I need to put in the reps on the ar. I'm thinkin a shoot/herf is in order as well seeing all these enthusiasts lol

Awesome attitude brother, definitely the right way to look at things...especially firearm stuff. the fundamentals are absolute key when talking about all things firearms!

A shooting herf would be awesome! Alex, we should really get this planned! We've been talking about it for what seems like years