What's new

RIP Carlos Fuente Sr.

bigtony

BIG TONY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw a posting that Don Carlos died over on Facebook. I haven't been able to confirm any other place yet. If true we have lost a true legend.
I totally agree the 858 maduro was my first serious smoke over 25 years ago and I still recommend it to this day R.I.P. DON CARLOS you truly brought the world joy and happiness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Mark my words... A Fuente cigar will be the Cigar Aficionado COTY this year.

Don't get me wrong with this post. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Carlos Sr, or the Fuente family or brand. I have been a fan of Fuente cigars for many years and I will remain so as long as they continue to create such great cigars. I just have this feeling that Cigar Aficionado will pay tribute to Carlos Sr and bestow the COTY award on the Fuente family in his honor. Again, I am not saying that is a bad thing. I just know that Cigar Aficionado does not always base their COTY awards strictly on the best cigars they smoked that year. We also know that they often choose cigars that were not released to market in that calendar year, so it could be a cigar released by Fuente in the last few years. Also, Fuente has not taken the top spot since 2005.