What's new

RIP Prince

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Not known at this time but he had been "battling the flu" and even had to make an emergency landing in his private jet recently.

Sad day as he was a truly talented musician and could play the fuck out of a guitar!
People never mention his guitar playing, which as a guitar player myself, really gets to me. He is extremely underrated as a guitar player.

He comes in for the last solo on this and absolutely NAILS it

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
He was an amazing guitar player, and usually ranked in the top 30 of the best (Rolling Stone mag).
It is true though, not enough people gave him credit for his shred abilities.
Sad day.
Prince was the man.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I tried to explain, to my wife, what prince meant to me. It is the first time I ever broke down over a star's death.

Suffice it to say, as an 80s kid born to a Christian conservative family, he changed my world. I will never forget sneaking in to my grandma's living room to watch the forbidden MTV and seeing Prince sliding around in heels with a boa. It was a world changing site for a kid raised up on Hee Haw.

Now, I am a weight lifting, gun shooting, cigar smoking man, but I never fit in with my family. Over the years Prince taught me it was okay to be different and confident in where my heart was leading me.

I will miss Prince the way I would miss a close friend.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
"Can you make it rain harder." Prince was a complete bad ass. Things like that are why he was so respected in the music world.Plus, if you notice is show was also about promoting other artists. Artists you wouldn't expect like the Foo Fighters.

When I worked as an engineer it never mattered what genre a group or performer was in, we could always relate over Prince. His showmanship, dedication to fans, and talent was undeniable. I'll never forget working with a punk band and hearing the lead singer say, "can we get a Prince bass line during the bridge?"

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It's a shame he passed. Also has made my cozy little suburb crazy with traffic over the past few days. It never really hit me how much of an impact he had over so many people.