What's new

RIP r/cigarmarket

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Reddit has banned all tabacco sales and splits. So r/cigarmarket and r/pipetabaccomarket are dead.

Guess I won't need an account anymore...

BigSkySmoke

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Prices were never an issue for me. Members were pretty fair and quick to call out others. Some of the trades I had off there were pretty great. The mods were super active and always splits going on. I got some amazing deals off the marketplace.

Did they ban you as well?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Prices were never an issue for me. Members were pretty fair and quick to call out others. Some of the trades I had off there were pretty great. The mods were super active and always splits going on. I got some amazing deals off the marketplace.

Did they ban you as well?
No I never used reddit at all

Didn’t like the format

I prefer the format used on this board

BigSkySmoke

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
No I never used reddit at all

Didn’t like the format

I prefer the format used on this board
Agreed...the formatting of the site sucks. My account was made for the market. I went years with just lurking and reading. The market was pretty active and a great place to pick up and try new sticks.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
The market was full of CC flippers just like every other market place. The only thing it had going really was the splits, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
there are TON of subreddits that got straight up banned yesterday with no warning / attempts to work with the mods. even r/cigars is in a weird place since you can't trade at all so subs that aren't geared towards sales are still in jeopardy.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sounds like a good amount of people are going to get screwed if they were in the middle of a trade or purchase.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
MMMM may be another influx of Members to BOTL ............
When Puff had its issues a lot of those guys were looking for a place to talk and learn about cigars, and this was a great fit. A lot of the Reddit guys are interested in the buying/selling/trading aspect of cigars as opposed to community and discussion. Hopefully some guys show up and enjoy the site, but seeing how this isn't a sales place and they can't get CC's here stateside, I don't think this would be a good fit for most folks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find it to be a great community of people willing to teach others and expose them to some new sticks. However, all good things come to an end, and I like the structure of this place. Must be the military indoctrination. Anyway, we all move on. :cigar:

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
When Puff had its issues a lot of those guys were looking for a place to talk and learn about cigars, and this was a great fit. A lot of the Reddit guys are interested in the buying/selling/trading aspect of cigars as opposed to community and discussion. Hopefully some guys show up and enjoy the site, but seeing how this isn't a sales place and they can't get CC's here stateside, I don't think this would be a good fit for most folks.
Yup. I joined BOTL when Puff became a thing. I forget what the forum was called before everything merged and became Puff.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, happy to be here. The outcasts of cigar market tried to create a MeWe, but after some guy tried telling me soldiers were all rapists and murderers after pointing out to my fellow military guys that we get fees waived at American Express, I decided that I'll take a hard pass on that forum and stick strictly to BOTL.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well, happy to be here. The outcasts of cigar market tried to create a MeWe, but after some guy tried telling me soldiers were all rapists and murderers after pointing out to my fellow military guys that we get fees waived at American Express, I decided that I'll take a hard pass on that forum and stick strictly to BOTL.
Say what????...?????...