What's new

Roach-klip: "Shark Week" AF Don Carlos Shark

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
The final episode of Shark Week on BOTL gives us a look at the rarest Shark of all....the Don Carlos Shark.

Not the oldest of the Shark species, the Don Carlos Shark was first seen in 2001. Original forms of this creature had a thinner body than the current Sharks found in the wild. The Shark now possesses the same body type as the other Sharks that can be currently found.

The Don Carlos Shark shares Cameroon ties with the Anejo Shark, but its similarities stop there. Only a handful of these Sharks are known to exist.

A picture of the rare Don Carlos Shark up close.

Prior to setting this beast to flame, the DC Shark has a clean tobacco taste. There is a slight fruit flavor, which reminds me of raisin. The first third gives off a nutty flavor, which is mixed with cinnamon and light cream. There is also bits of again what seems to be raisin.

Midway through, the flavor brings cedar into the flavor profile. The light cream has disappeared. Cinnamon and now black cherry balance out the flavor. Again, like its cousins, this Shark put up a strong fight trying to hold on, but its spirit broke before I could take the next picture.

The end of the battle with this Shark brought on a stronger cedar flavor. Black cherry and cinnamon provided a tremendous flavor on the back of the palate.

This creature provided an amazing fight to the finish...lasting just over 2 hours.

Last edited:

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Thanks for the awesome reviews of "Shark Week!"

So, how do you rank the four sharks?
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'm glad that everyone liked the concept. I wanted to do something unique.

As for ranking...first off...I enjoyed all four. Anejos and Opus obviously have some better years than others. I've loved every Sand Shark I've smoked.

I would rank the anejo last, followed by the Opus X. It is difficult though to pick between the Sand Shark and the DC Shark.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I would rank the anejo last, followed by the Opus X. It is difficult though to pick between the Sand Shark and the DC Shark.
Wow... I had handful of anejo sharks and thought they were delicious. My favorite anejo. I have 1 opus sharks and 1 sand shark I've saving for dunno what reason. Your reviews inspired me to light em up soon. Anyone wanna sell or trade a dc shark with me?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Wow... I had handful of anejo sharks and thought they were delicious. My favorite anejo. I have 1 opus sharks and 1 sand shark I've saving for dunno what reason. Your reviews inspired me to light em up soon. Anyone wanna sell or trade a dc shark with me?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
That is only a ranking....it does not mean that I did not or do not like the Anejo Sharks. I LOVE them! But, if I am forced to rank them, that is how I would personally rank them.

And dprice....I told you that it would get smoked. Thanks again bro.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
having smoked 3 of the 4, i'd agree with your rankings. (never even seen the dc). just because the anejo was last doesn't mean it is bad, it's just in a tough class!