What's new

Road trip cigars

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I know a lot of people don't smoke in their cars for obvious reasons... but for those who do, what kind of cigars do you enjoy on a long drive? I'll be traveling back to Indiana from Nashville for the weekend in a couple of days and want to have a cigar to take the monotony out of the four and a half hour drive. Right now I'm leaning towards a Room 101 OSOK Chingon because it's a long cigar and should take a while. Or do some of you prefer a shorter and quicker smoke?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I'd either go with something in a Churchill size or several smaller smokes. Depends on what my mood was and what I had in the humidor. A number of years ago I did a LOT of driving to visit a girlfriend. We're talking 8 hours one way. Wish I'd smoked cigars then, those trips would have been a lot better.

Dan

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I smoke Ligas while I drive. They are too smokey for me to light up in our RV, but when I drive I like to light one up. I tend to smoke one cigar per tank of fuel, so I'm not just chain smoking.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I drive a fuel tanker truck for a living, so I'm not allowed to smoke while driving, obviously. But, a few years ago I lived 5 hours away from where I worked during the week, so I did my 10 hour commute each weekend. Several shorter cigars work much better than one huge cigar. It breaks it up a bit when your cigar is changing quicker, and not lasting quite as long. Not to mention, if it goes bad on you, you can just move onto the next one.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Several shorter cigars work much better than one huge cigar. It breaks it up a bit when your cigar is changing quicker, and not lasting quite as long. Not to mention, if it goes bad on you, you can just move onto the next one.
^^ +1 ^^

I have been driving quite a bit the past couple of months, anywhere from 5-10 hours each way, twice a week and I agree with Gravity that several "shorter" cigars is the way to go. It gives me more variety, plus since I have a bladder the size of a pigeon's it makes it easier for me to hit the rest stops periodically. :sadstare:

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I think the moral of this post, is take a few with you. It seems some guys like shorter cigars, and others like the longer cigars. I've talked to several people in shops that use road trips as their chance to smoke diggers, salamones, etc. I don't like shorter cigars when I drive, I feel they are gone too fast, and I still have a lot of road in front of me.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd either go with something in a Churchill size or several smaller smokes. Depends on what my mood was and what I had in the humidor. A number of years ago I did a LOT of driving to visit a girlfriend. We're talking 8 hours one way. Wish I'd smoked cigars then, those trips would have been a lot better.

Dan
Yeah smoke Churhills on a long drive you have the time to enjoy it plus you don't have to pull over to light another one up IMHO