What's new

Rocky Patel Cigars, what are your thoughts?

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Dang, this thread took off. Thanks to everyone for your input. I'll have to give them a shot and see how it goes. I think I'm going to try Master Shake's suggestion an sit down with two back to back.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
When I started cigars again I had an edge that was beyond good. Came with a sampler pack and was the pick of the litter. Since then I've learned the OR was really good and things kind of fell off from there. I tried quite a few more and none held a candle to that one. That being said, I've had a few other blends and they're not for me. I think Master Shake has a really good point. RP is about quantity.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Draw, construction and burn is great...but flavor, bland and underwhelming ESPECIALLY for the price. The Decade is ok but overpriced, when you can find them for cheap it's not a bad buy...but I'm not one for buying something that has a high MSRP then regularly sells for cheaper.

Overall I'm not a fan, too many blends with not enough quality blends and too pricey.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the RP freedom 6x60, one of their newer releases and enjoyed it. No burn or draw issues. Definitely a medium-full bodied cigar (by my experience) so may not be the best choice for a newer smoker. Lots of spice as well. But I have a RP decade robusto in my humidor right now, if I smoke it sometime soon ill be sure to give you a verdict.

Just give a RP a try. In the end it's someone else's opinion about the cigar anyway. That would be my advice. I understand not wanting to waste money on something you won't like tho, trust me hahaha

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I used to like them alot, but in the past year I have noticed a huge difference in quality. Smoked the 50 for my birthday last year and it was terrible. Then met Rocky at my B&M and he was rude and not too friendly probably cause I only bought a couple of sticks. Ever since I have stayed away for the most part. I have some in my humidor but havent bought any since that event.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I find these pretty enjoyable. Pretty much the only new line of RP I've tried in the last few years. I have half a box left of 6 year old edge sumatra that are damn tasty too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy their Connecticut variety that cigar dot com carries, quite a bit. Have heard some weird things w RP's having draw issues but I've not personally had that issue at least with the mentioned blend.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had quite a few lately and I've been enjoying them. I prefer the 8 year over the 10 and 12, however. I also have been loving the Freedom. If you're going to smoke one, I feel like the Freedom is their best price to quality choice. It's a more full body stick than a lot of their other cigars and has a really rich chocolaty flavor and smell. All of their cigars seem to be fairly solid as far as construction goes, and they've burned well for me. The prices always seem a dollar or more higher than I feel they warrant, but if you can find a deal on them, or just want something for a change, you can't really go wrong with one of their cigars. The only thing i'd say is a miss on their part is their mild to low medium stuff. It's very one-dimensional and seems a bit boring. Stick to the medium-full and you'll be good to go.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
my thought. stop coloring maduros you scum bag!!! yea I said it!!!

Ive seen rumors of this... but no absolute evidence...

Ive also seen rumors that Perdomo has done this in the past.. among others..

but no absolute evidence from anyone..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never had a RP that has blown me away. I would rather smoke a padron x000 or basic fuente any day.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
my thought. stop coloring maduros you scum bag!!! yea I said it!!!

Ive seen rumors of this... but no absolute evidence...

Ive also seen rumors that Perdomo has done this in the past.. among others..

but no absolute evidence from anyone..
My friend gave me an Old World Reserve maduro and I was spitting yellow and my fingertips were yellow afterwards as well, there is your evidence. :)

I don't have any problems with RP or how he wants to run his business, the guy is a salesman. But I am a firm believer that he does dye at least 1 of his maduro cigars.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
ive had some RPS that are great and some that were not great. They sell something for everybody

From what I have gathered (Mostly my preference) his anniversary stuff is his best...yet priciest. I don't believe I have paid near retail for any of it but his 10th, 15th, 2-26, 50th are my favorites from him.