What's new

Rocky Patel Decade Maduros

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
first I am hearing of them. My B&M just got these in. Has anyone tried these yet and if so how do they compare to the regular wrapper?
I do not trust RP to give us a true maduro any more. The Edge was probably their last one, that was not dyed. It seems these days they are using a waxy dye to get nice even color and make a substandard maduro leaf seem like it's the real deal.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I do not trust RP to give us a true maduro any more. The Edge was probably their last one, that was not dyed. It seems these days they are using a waxy dye to get nice even color and make a substandard maduro leaf seem like it's the real deal.
News Flash: The Edge is as black as night due to dye, what the hell are you talkin' about!?!?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
well the Original edge maduro did not leave a color on my figers and lips. I smoked a different RP a week later and it did. I would not doubt that a current production edge has dye on it, but I do think at one time the Edge was a real maduro.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
on topic: The original Decade has a Sumatra wrapper, if there is one out now with a maduro wrapper, it would be a totally different cigar.

I like the Decade a lot with age on it. Not sure how a maduro would be, really.

And yes, dyed maduros are annoying, as we have discussed 147 times in the last couple months, lol. (by the way, the Tat West Side I had yesterday stained my fingers--and those are NOT dyed).

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Good to hear, I picked up a 5 pack of the RP Decades yesterday off of CigarMonster for 25 shipped.