What's new

Rocky Patel Factory Selects

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
In addition, if Famous, or any other company said "yes, these are the RP's that didn't make the cut, they are the same thing as the originals, just not marketed as such" wouldn't it stand to reason, if I had an expansive cigar budget and I did, for some odd reason, like RP's, that I would buy these at $.50 a stick than to pay $12 a stick of the brand name? As much as I don't like RP's, you cannot fault him for wanting to make $12 a stick than $.50 a stick. If you want the RP edge, buy it and enjoy it, but stop saying RP is wrong for not making it public knowledge that the seconds are or are not what you are looking for brother... It's a dead horse, stop beating it

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Very good point. If I was a manufacturer I would call them limited edition and sell them for the same price as the original.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition, if Famous, or any other company said "yes, these are the RP's that didn't make the cut, they are the same thing as the originals, just not marketed as such" wouldn't it stand to reason, if I had an expansive cigar budget and I did, for some odd reason, like RP's, that I would buy these at $.50 a stick than to pay $12 a stick of the brand name? As much as I don't like RP's, you cannot fault him for wanting to make $12 a stick than $.50 a stick. If you want the RP edge, buy it and enjoy it, but stop saying RP is wrong for not making it public knowledge that the seconds are or are not what you are looking for brother... It's a dead horse, stop beating it
CI does exactly what you say they can't do. They describe x-outs as rejects of the rocky patel line, and the vintage seconds as seconds of vintage 90 and vintage 92. So why cant Famous say this.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
CI does exactly what you say they can't do. They describe x-outs as rejects of the rocky patel line, and the vintage seconds as seconds of vintage 90 and vintage 92. So why cant Famous say this.
Then buy them, or don't buy them, your choice. As stated previously, this is a dead horse... As for why Famous doesn't state one way or another is because of their contract, which may be different between vendors, it is also a moot point.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have already done the buying and trying thing. If these are Rocky Patel cigars all I want to know is which line are they.
Does it matter what line they are?

It shouldn't. A good smoke is a good smoke regardless of a "name"

Do you like the smokes?

If so, buy them regardless of the brand name or line or anything. Buy them because you like them. You're not going to get the justification here.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks, I guess I'm supposed to just buy all the crap that the retailers sell, without questioning what the cigars are.
No, your question was answered. Someone from Famous told you that their contract states they can't give you more information. It isn't the answer you want, but it is the answer that you will have to live with. If it upsets you, buy the CI sticks or nothing at all. Better yet, buy the RPs you want. Either way, the question was answered. Famous has no idea what contract CI has with RP and they have no obligation to explain their contract negotiating process to you.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
I like several of RP's blends. He makes "some" fine cigars whether you like him or not. Obviuosly opinions are like butt holes.....everybody's got one.
Agreed, I've liked the sun grown, decade, edge maduro, ocean club and some others.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Has any one smoked any of the Rocky Patel Factory Selects offered by Famous Smoke Shop. The description of the R80, sounds a lot like the Edge Lite, but famous customer service will not confirm this. Does any one know anything about these.
Not to beat a dead horse, but Mike, the r 80 appears to have the same wrapper, binder, and filler as the edge lite. You'll never get an exact answer, but I'm guessing it's an edge lite 2nd.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to beat a dead horse, but Mike, the r 80 appears to have the same wrapper, binder, and filler as the edge lite. You'll never get an exact answer, but I'm guessing it's an edge lite 2nd.
That's what they look like to me. I've been smoking the X-outs, Liga F, they are Edge Lite. I'm going to order some R80's, and I'll let you know how they compare.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
That's what they look like to me. I've been smoking the X-outs, Liga F, they are Edge Lite. I'm going to order some R80's, and I'll let you know how they compare.
yeah, let me know. I had good luck construction wise with the xouts. Good luck.