What's new

Rocky Patel making.....pipes!?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'd like to see him (or anyone else in the business) do well but I think that they won't go over too good. I had to do a double take and say Rocky Patel is doing what!? I was expecting him to maybe throw some new cigars out there or something, not jump to pipes. My first thoughts that came to mind was they look something like an Eric Nording freehand pipe. Even like my signature one that I have from him.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Doesn't really surprise me. With a seeming resurgence in pipes, I think we will see more and more cigar makers getting into making pipes and pipe tobacco.

Especially after the success of the Drew Estate line
I'd be curious to see if he ever does come out with some pipe tobacco down the road now that he's getting his feet wet in the pipe industry.

The_Rev

Chaplain of Saints and Sinners
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I'd be curious to see if he ever does come out with some pipe tobacco down the road now that he's getting his feet wet in the pipe industry.
The one cigar guy who's actually experienced and qualified at pipe tobacco blending, Pete Johnson, is working on his blends as we speak. That will be some good shit. Research his history. He started in the tobacco business blending pipe tobacco mixtures for a shop in Los Angeles.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The one cigar guy who's actually experienced and qualified at pipe tobacco blending, Pete Johnson, is working on his blends as we speak. That will be some good shit. Research his history. He started in the tobacco business blending pipe tobacco mixtures for a shop in Los Angeles.
Awesome! I'll definitely do some research and see what I can find out. They all have to start somewhere!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I appreciate the Revs support. Yes I started in the industry in a small shop
and my job was mixing pipe tobaccos in the beginning. This moved on to blending my own blends using tobacco from various companies. It doesn't make me an expert but I have a good base knowledge of the tobacco I'm working with now. I made what I liked and now I'll try my best to create something great for everyone to enjoy. I'm starting very small and hope to expand sometime in 2016 with more tobaccos and pipes.

Let me say something about Rocky's new pipe venture. I'm sure Rocky is working with Eric Nording who is one of the best. Eric is an expert pipe maker and knows everything about tobacco. Eric is well respected in the industry and any pipes Rocky puts out will be of top quality. If he decides to do pipe tobacco, he is in great hands with Eric.

Best,
Pete

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I appreciate the Revs support. Yes I started in the industry in a small shop
and my job was mixing pipe tobaccos in the beginning. This moved on to blending my own blends using tobacco from various companies. It doesn't make me an expert but I have a good base knowledge of the tobacco I'm working with now. I made what I liked and now I'll try my best to create something great for everyone to enjoy. I'm starting very small and hope to expand sometime in 2016 with more tobaccos and pipes.

Let me say something about Rocky's new pipe venture. I'm sure Rocky is working with Eric Nording who is one of the best. Eric is an expert pipe maker and knows everything about tobacco. Eric is well respected in the industry and any pipes Rocky puts out will be of top quality. If he decides to do pipe tobacco, he is in great hands with Eric.

Best,
Pete
Thanks for popping in Pete we have a good pipe community here and with our love of your cigars we look forward to seeing what you do with pipe tobaccos

@tatuaje

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Pete Johnson (@tatuaje) is getting into pipes?!? I'm very excited.

My thoughts about Rocky getting into pipes: Rocky does extremely well among casual smokers. I think that type of success will continue with his pipes. He'll continue to be an important person in the cigar and now pipe business, but us cigar geeks still won't pay much attention to him.

Last edited: