What's new

Rocky Patel Sun Grown in a Sand Storm

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Got a pretty good herf together tonight with about 14 other soldiers, marines and a couple civilians. Thanks to Tim (Podman) I had a bunch of smokes to pass around and make sure everyone got something good! I went with a Rocky Patel Sun Grown. I have had nothing but bad luck with RP's and was a little skeptical, but I had read some good reviews on the Sun Grown so I thought what the heck? I gave it a shot.

I was about to puss out and cancel due to some hard core wind and sand being blown around. But, being the NCO that I am, I couldn't let civilians make me look like a puss. So I saddled up and set fire to it.

This thing kicked ass right from the get go. Had a real nice burnt nutty flavor with some creaminess and a little espresso flavors. At the halfway point it did a back flip on me and the espresso sorta flavor became more dominant with a strong nutty flavor and the cream took a backseat.

Very nice surprise! I was prepared to not like it. Sorry for profiling you Rocky, this time I was wrong. The Brigade commander seemed to really like it too, but...Officers; What do they know?

The wind continued to kick up and just about the time I nubbed this bad boy it was time go get some visine. Nothing like some sand in your eyes, ears and teeth to pair with a nice cigar!

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Don't sell yourself short your a tremendous puss....just kidding. Glad you guys had a chance to unwind and enjoy for a bit.

Be safe and thank you (can't say it enough)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I had the same experience with the Sun Grown. I was skeptical with all the stuff going around about RP, but I enjoyed that cigar. I haven't tried any other RP, but that one was good. I'll probably pick up a few more at the B&M one of these times. Thanks for the review and glad to hear you got to enjoy them :thumbsup:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Paul, glad you didn't puss out. LOL I can just visualize you there with hard hat, flak jacket, goggles and scarf to protect you from the sand and puffing away. Hardcore, Ooh-Rah...................

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
dont you love it when your expectations are low and it turns out to be a good/great cigar!

...and dont you hate it when you hear a certain cigar is the best thing in the world and you smoke it and are sorely dissapointed.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
When I first started smoking I smoked an EDGE, CONNIE and 1992 Vintage and they were not at all bad. Everything else is a matter taste. :squinteye

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Glad ya got some downtime and could have a nice stick man