Strength: Medium to Full
Wrapper: Sumatra (Ecuadorian Sun Grown)
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Origin: Honduras
Aged: 7 years
Size: 6 1/2" x 50 (or 52 perhaps)
Price: $8-$10 on average.

This cigar is a generous size, with a good box press. A beautiful dark brown, chocolate colored wrapper, with minimal veins, it feels oily and silky... and seems to be quite nicely made. Impressive overall.

Clipping was clean, and prelight draw indicates again, a well made stick... tastes were there, but seemed complex.

And Toast.

Now into it a few draws, i find the smoke very plentiful, smooth, flavorfull... but still complex, and hard to pin down what i'm tasting. Burn at this point isn't going even, so a touch up to help it along.

This is an amazingly tasty cigar, only a half inch in, and i'm wanting more. Very pleasing flavor and aroma. Still trying to decipher what it's similar to.
Burn is evening out now nicely.

Taste seems to be nutty, and creamy, not peanut butter, but more mature...
Also a heavy (not too overpowering) earthy flavor, along with perhaps coffee.

The ash isn't pretty, but it's very strong. Again, well constructed gar.

I can tell i'm smoking this fast, as it makes the flavors harder to seperate. So i'll try to have patience. Tis difficult to smoke this slowly, but the taste shines so much more when cool... i believe this is the first time such a difference has been so apparent, so easily.

Still taste seems earthy, with coffee, nuts, and cedar. Nice blend of flavors, both complex and rich, while just a tad bit sweet and spicy... and at the same time it is creamy and smooth. I can't find better words. Don't think i need to.

The somewhat typical sun grown sweetness and taste is present and wonderfull. Outshining a Fuente Chateau SG in my opinion.

Cream is growing more predominant, as is the spice, how is it possible to become better? It just has. :smt118

It is now down to the final 3.5"
I'm going to miss this cigar.

But alas, it's now to tasty to type a review any longer, so i must depart.
Damn, this was good.

Looking for an excellent vintage cigar actually worth the money? Try this!

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Great cigar and a great review. I bought a box of these in November but don't have anymore at the moment. If you want something a bit spicier try The Edge by Rocky Patel.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great review. I have a couple of these at home that I have not gotten around to smoking yet after reading this I will have to see if I can change that.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Cigar_Jack said:
If you want something a bit spicier try The Edge by Rocky Patel.
I'm trying to, but none have shown up around here yet. :smt102
I do like spice, so it seems the Edge and i might get along just fine.

Locally speaking... the Patel vintage is in the same price bracket as the VSGs, and seems to be much harder to find. Every shop (4-5) has VSGs, One shop has Patels... the reason? Pretty high markup IMO. I think customers must realize it, thus not many buy the Vintage... Yet VSGs move fast. :smt102

Allow me to clarify better: The *real* price for these cigars is comparatively reasonable, the only shop in town who has any left, sells them at an inflated price. Based on website stock, seems theres no shortage really of the Vintage, why do my other shops not re-stock Rocky Patels then?

Does this mean nobody will carry the Edge, if Vintage was a poor seller based on price? Ponderous how these things work.