What's new

Rollers in Pinar del Rio ?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We always here about the great rollers of Havana but I am curious if any rollers work and sell out of Pinar del Rio.
Is Pinar del Rio a good place to made cigar purchases or is Havana the only "game" in Cuba ?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
There aren't any rollers that work out of cigar shops like they do in Havana. But there are farm rollers that you can visit and pick up farmies that are generally made with 100% tobacco from their farms. Hector Luis Prieto is well known and has a great farm to visit, the Robaina farm is well known and there's also another farmer that's pretty well known but I'm drawing a blank on the name... Salvador? Also, you can find many other local farmers selling cheap farmies where the quality of tobacco isn't as good and the quality of construction won't be perfect, but they can still be good cigars and you can have good memories visiting them.

If you have time, visiting Pinar del Rio is a must.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are you interested in seeing how they roll cigars?
I am not interested in seeing the rolling process ... been there done that. I just want to score some cigars from PDR. I picture it as being a nice "off the beaten path" cuban experience as well as an opportunity to score some original sticks.