What's new

Rolling meet up

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever scheduled a meet up event"? I would appreciate the opportunity to sit down with fellow rollers and learn how to do a proper triple Cuban cap. I do pigtails because its serviceable and easy, but I always feel like a poser when I lay them out on the table.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I mean, we have done VHerfs (Google hangout/Skype) in the past to just roll on camera. It's hard to meetup unless you are in the same state

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm not a talented roller but I can make a decent looking stick. I was thinking about reaching out to my local cigar community to see if anyone wanted to get together to try rolling. I would be the teacher and supply the leaf. While I'm no expert, I do know a ton more than when I first started rolling so I figure newbes would really appreciate learning from me. Rolling a cigar is something that many people would never have the opportunity to try. I figure I could accommodate 5 or 6 people and everyone could roll 2 cigars each. The cost would be one cigar donated to my humidor.
Has anyone ever done anything like this? ( I don't mean to hijack this thread but it is a related question)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Has anyone ever scheduled a meet up event"? I would appreciate the opportunity to sit down with fellow rollers and learn how to do a proper triple Cuban cap. I do pigtails because its serviceable and easy, but I always feel like a poser when I lay them out on the table.
Ras, approximately where are you located?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I'm not a talented roller but I can make a decent looking stick. I was thinking about reaching out to my local cigar community to see if anyone wanted to get together to try rolling. I would be the teacher and supply the leaf. While I'm no expert, I do know a ton more than when I first started rolling so I figure newbes would really appreciate learning from me. Rolling a cigar is something that many people would never have the opportunity to try. I figure I could accommodate 5 or 6 people and everyone could roll 2 cigars each. The cost would be one cigar donated to my humidor.
Has anyone ever done anything like this? ( I don't mean to hijack this thread but it is a related question)
That's a cool idea. If i ever make it to hilly billy herf (HBH), I plan on doing just that!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a group of BOTLs I meet regularly at the local B&M. I brought my table and leaf a couple months ago and did a demo. One or two of them have expressed an interest in learning.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in northern Dull-Aware. I will PM you my coordinates and digits. It might be easy for you and I to get together. We might even rope in a couple more.
Got your PM. You're about 2 hours away, so it is definitely doable. If you get a location, date, and others, shoot me another PM. Tell me if I need to bring a table, or just my board and leaf. Also, I make a pretty mean pulled pork.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So let's do it. The weather has turned nice. I have a roomy smoking porch, cedar lined. It has a craft table the size of a door as well as a drafting table that's even bigger, so we have loads of surface to work on. I have forty or fifty pounds of leaf. I even have a spare rolling block. We can roll 'em and smoke 'em. Easy to get to off I-95. Or if someone wants to volunteer a venue farther West, I'm up for a ride.

Ras_oscar, it was your idea, so let's task you with scheduling and recruitment. Cook a plan I'm in.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So let's do it. The weather has turned nice. I have a roomy smoking porch, cedar lined. It has a craft table the size of a door as well as a drafting table that's even bigger, so we have loads of surface to work on. I have forty or fifty pounds of leaf. I even have a spare rolling block. We can roll 'em and smoke 'em. Easy to get to off I-95. Or if someone wants to volunteer a venue farther West, I'm up for a ride.

Ras_oscar, it was your idea, so let's task you with scheduling and recruitment. Cook a plan I'm in.
40-50 pounds of leaf!?!
LEAF WHORE!
:)