What's new

RoMa Craft Event 9/14/13 Waikiki Yacht Club with Skip Martin

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
On Saturday, September 14, 2013 Marvin Chang of R. Fields Wine Co. hosted another great smoker with Skip Martin of RoMa Craft Cigars. The evening consisted of great smokes, camaraderie, food and did I say great smokes? $65 got you into a private club with 5 cigars, a great dinner, special cocktails and craft beers, and all kinds of bourbons by Jim Beam. The Featured cigar of the night was the Cromagnon Venus which is an R. Field exclusive. Contact brother Marvin at marvinchang@foodland.com if you are interested.

Skip enjoying a smoke before the event and living the dream...

Skip giving the crew a rundown about the cigars.

Pam getting some product knowledge, taking note, kicking butt...

First up were the Intemperance line. Those Intemperance EC XVIII lonsdale bundles on the right were "event-only" sticks. When the guys found out.... poof they were gone. They were great.

I really like the Intemperance BA line. All of them. Sorry if the prices scare you... Hawaii has ridiculous taxes and shipping prices. (Note price for the La Campana reg $16+!!)

Aquitaine followed. Love those Anthropology sticks.

Cromagnon was available in Knuckle dragger, EMH, Anthropology and Cranium. Sorry no Femur.

But the cigar of the night was the Cromagnon Venus. Based on the Cromagnon blend the petite salomon was an instant hit.

Sticks were available by singles or by the box. I saw a lot of boxes being bought.

Another interesting cigar was the La Campana. Because if its unique shape, the cellos have to be hand cut. I told Skip to hire a sushi chef to make hand rolls out of the cello...

These were yet to be released hence the box.

Xikar was there.

RoMa Craft Swag

I especially like this one. For its background, google: battle of Gonzales. Then relate it to all the anti-regulation going on. ...yeah come and take it...

The booze line up..

Drink menu. The Defender was very popular. I tried it. Refreshing.

So it was another successful event put on by Marvin and the guys at R. Fields Wine Co. Special thanks to Skip Martin for coming out and hanging out with us. If you guys ever get a chance to hang out with Skip, he has some of the most crazy stories to tell. Ask him about his days in the Navy. Our next event will be with PDR Cigars on November 9, same time, same place. I know Abe Flores will be there. I hope Sean Williams of El Primer Mundo comes too. If any brothers are going to be in town and want to attend, hit me, MC808 (Marvin), or Fia up to make arrangements.

Aloha!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks for your support!

And for the pics. I didn't know you took so many.

It was a great evening with 115 guests in attendance. I'm looking forward to our next event in November.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Looks like a top notch classy event! Love the cromags, thanks for sharing the pics!