Roma Craft-Intemperance BA XXI

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Wrapper: Brazil Arapiraca
Binder: Indonesia
Filler: Nicaragua/Dominican Republic
Beverage: French Pressed Dark Roast
Cut: Straight cut

Prelight: Wrapper color was an oily and smooth chocolate color and very small veins. I picked up some raisin in prelight draw. Had a somewhat firm feel with a little give, felt perfect to me.

First third: Start out with some bread and peanut flavor with a little pepper. Quickly started to pickup some chocolate milk notes and medium pepper. Burn was a little off and corrected

Second Third: Cigar really started to get good. Chocolate milk gave way to creamy roasted coffee and some notes of dark chocolate. At this point the burn was perfect and ash still was staying strong.

Last Third: Still was getting dark chocolate with some hints of cherry on retro-hale, really great flavor at this point. Pepper kicked up a bit, but not overpowering for me. Had to remove band and smoke a little past, very creamy finish and right before i burned my fingers i was getting a little burnt toast with my chocolate flavor. Had to put down at this point.
I have smoked a few of these before, but not in this vitola. This was a splended smoke. Im not sure if the age had anything to do with it, or just the size. This was a gift from a great botl from here. @srduggins I promissed him I'd do a review, and hope its ok. Thanks again