What's new

Romeo y Julieta Churchill A/T

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sir Winston Churchill smoked these. I wonder how close in flavor these news are to the ones Winston used to smoke ...

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
As many know, I am not a fan of RyJs for the majority. This vitola and the TPCs are the exception.

The churchills can be sweet (fruity), sweet (syrupy), tangy, meaty, nutty and a ton of other flavors. Being someone who generally prefers cigars without tannins, I like this cigar as old as I can find them. The 97s I had were right up there at the point where they start to get great to me. My pre-85s are devine. It's a shame I have only 2 left from my 10 count tubo boxes.

For those on the fence, this is a great cigar to buy and forget about, especially in tubes. If you don't like Romeos you'll keep your hands off of them but when they're mature, I guarantee you'll be happy you laid them down.

Look for boxes prior to 04. I had some MAR04 and they were practically like straws of sweet nuts. Nothing like the DIC02 I had which were much more tannic & "heavy". I BELIEVE they would age much better though I am NO expert

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
For those on the fence, this is a great cigar to buy and forget about, especially in tubes. If you don't like Romeos you'll keep your hands off of them but when they're mature, I guarantee you'll be happy you laid them down.
Are you storing them with the cap on or off? I have a box from 05 that I'm going to let sit for a while, but I've got them inside the tubes with the caps off (inside the box).

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Are you storing them with the cap on or off? I have a box from 05 that I'm going to let sit for a while, but I've got them inside the tubes with the caps off (inside the box).
I've never understood this. Why go to the trouble and expense of getting tubos if you are going to store them with the cap off?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I can see it from a stabilization standpoint concerning humidity. But I'd never leave the top off for an extended period of time.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Since the A/Ts are not air tight I don't believe it will make much difference over the years for aging, cap on or off. The caps on will keep them fresher over the short haul and protected from normal handling.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Since the A/Ts are not air tight I don't believe it will make much difference over the years for aging, cap on or off. The caps on will keep them fresher over the short haul and protected from normal handling.
I disagree. Yes the caps are not air tight. But there has to be a difference between keeping them in tubos with the caps on and just having them open. If you are going to do that, you might as well just take them out of the tubes completely and just let them sit loose in your humi. Why would we keep them in boxes if there wasn't a difference in aging capabilities? Or for that matter, why the difference between aging in dress boxes vs. SLB's?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm with you Kevin

I obviously don't have scientific evidence but it seems it would have to have some effect