What's new

Romeo y Julieta Romeo No. 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My second cigar. Smoked under same conditions 64% RH, drinking same bourbon as with the montecristo no. 5.

its hard to describe - it started very spicy and earthy and got more earthy and less spicy later on. smoked it in 50 minutes...arriving at the second thirs i started to get problems to keep an even burn... needed to adjust it several times... the third part got to bitter for me... if i would have to choose between this and the monte no. 5 - i would choose the monte no. 5 for sure... more creamy/smooth.

overall not that special - next in line will be most probably the partagas serie d no. 4 - since i heard so many good things from them. any other recommendations for me?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My experience with the Romeo #2 has been that it is a nice mild smoke.....very smooth and creamy .

If you were having burn issues and it got bitter at the end, my guess is that it may have been overhumidified. You said that it was in your humi at 64% but maybe it needed a little more time to acclimate to that humidity? I generally let mine sit for 4-6 weeks before I fire them up. I have some Romeo #2's in my humidor and I removed the cap on the tubo to let them acclimate better. If you bought them in a 3 pack, let the other 2 sit for awhile and come back to them. You may be pleasantly surprised at how well they smoke with a little bit of rest.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My experience with the Romeo #2 has been that it is a nice mild smoke.....very smooth and creamy .

If you were having burn issues and it got bitter at the end, my guess is that it may have been overhumidified. You said that it was in your humi at 64% but maybe it needed a little more time to acclimate to that humidity? I generally let mine sit for 4-6 weeks before I fire them up. I have some Romeo #2's in my humidor and I removed the cap on the tubo to let them acclimate better. If you bought them in a 3 pack, let the other 2 sit for awhile and come back to them. You may be pleasantly surprised at how well they smoke with a little bit of rest.
This...

I think the RyJ No. 2 is a great morning smoke. Give them a few years and you may change your mind.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I actually am smoking one right now and it is a nice mild cigar. 65% RH and has been in the humi for 3 years.

1/3 - nice black pepper with a nutty earthy tone to it. Burn was even and ash held the entire way through the first third. (Then not paying attention I touched the band a little to hard and it fell on my pants :cjump:)

2/3 - the pepper died off the nutty earthy tone smoothed out and it moved on a very nice cocoa flavor to it. Burn kept fairly even without issue and the ash went into the ashtray.

3/3 - the earthy tone picked up a little and a slight pepper note at the very end. Still very smooth mild and pleasant. Burn stayed constant no relight or other issues.

It has hints of cocoa and a light earthy tone overall. This is a go to cigar for me as I love the flavor and mildness to them. I was drinking a glass of water with this cigar also if anyone was curious on that aspect.

Last edited: