What's new

Romeo y Julietta Edicion Limitada 2003 Hermosos No. 1

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
It is impossible to review this cigar without referencing the two Edicion Limitadas which came before it, and the Romeo y Julietta marque in general. The cigar that I had was incredibly well constructed. As I smoked it, inspite of the 20 degree temprature and blustring snow outside smoked incredibly well. I never had to touch it up, and it burt evenly all the way down to the band. The draw was perfect. If one was to compare it to the previous edicion limitada releases, this cigar, while having some simmilarities to the Robusto, was closer in character to the Exhibicion No. 2, with its chocolate overtones. Nevertheless, it had a greater similarity to the Romeo y Julietta Exhibicon No.4 and the Romeo y Julietta Churchill than the Exhibicion No. 2 did. Imediately after lighting, very full tobacco flavors are present. The cigar had ample undertones of nuts and the wasabi-like Cuban flavor. The cigar gave off an ample amount of blueish smoke, and more than ample flavor. The cigars flavor did not change too much as the cigar progressed. It did not build as most cigars did, but instead had a very linear profile. The chocolate flavors subsided, leaving a remainder of nutty flavors. As the cigar progressed, it became very earthy and had some flavors reminicant of the first release Vegas Robania line. Comparing this with an aged Vegas Robania farm rolled cigar which I had the pleasure of smoking last week, this Hermoso No. 1 exhibited some traits of the aformentioned cigar. While the cigar was very full-flavored, it was not strong like most Bolivars. The fruity flavors with mild citrus undertones that are present in the Robusto, which I adore, was unfortunately lacking in the Hermoso No. 1. I enjoyed this cigar. Judging from the flavors evident, I feel that I smoked this cigar at a point where it was, for all intents and purposes, immature. I will have to say, in this instance, that curiosity killed the cat. Nevertheless, it was a good example of the potential present in cigars rolled in 2003. For those who enjoy the Edicion Limitada line, and whose stock of Exhibicion No. 2's is dwindling, I reccomend this cigar fully.

All in all, I would have to give this cigar a solid 90 out of 100, with a potential of improving to 94 out of 100 with an additional three years of aging. Unfortunately, I as well as everyone else here know how difficult this can be. Willpower, willpower... ugh.