What's new

Ron Said It Was OK To Fill...So I Did!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
wow that would be a shock to wake to
And I swear, I was dead asleep when she bit me. Linda was taking pics as we were both sleeping at first, the flash woke Roxie up and of course Linda already had the camera ready. Then the little shit bit me and of course Linda was ready.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Actually our daughter and her boyfriend have a dog, it's a German Shepard, Black Lab mix, her name is Roxie. We dog sat last weekend and Linda took a couple pics of me with her. In one we're both sleeping soundly, and Roxie drooled on my cheek, in the next one she woke me up by biting my ear...little bitch!
Ain't that cute!

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
And I swear, I was dead asleep when she bit me. Linda was taking pics as we were both sleeping at first, the flash woke Roxie up and of course Linda already had the camera ready. Then the little shit bit me and of course Linda was ready.

next time, she's asleep, just sit in bed and light a cigar...............have a camera ready and take a pic of the look on her face when she wakes up:stretchgr

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Thank you gentlemen, it was a fun project and it's sure nice to have everything in one humidor where I don't have to unpack a cooler to get to what I want. I love the way it turned out, it's exactly what I wanted.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
is it solid spanish cedar or did you use a thin layer on the inside. and did you just get it at your local lumber yard?
The interior is solid Spanish Cedar, the floor and ceiling are 3/4" thick, and the walls are 3/8". I had my local lumber yard order it for me as they don't normally stock it, and then I bought a little more at my local Woodcraft.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
:grin:
Well, I asked Ron how long I needed to season it and he said it was ready, so after I hooked up the new HDTV tonight, I got to play with more toys, my cigars. Here are a few pics of the humidor filled.

Outstanding! The pictures brought a tear to my eye. 1) Because of the beautiful job and great collection of cigars. 2) Because it’s not mine. The pictures are great but I believe the only true way to assess your work is for you to send it to me (cigars included) and I will evaluate it for let’s say a year or fifty. I am also into woodworking and I’ll get back to you honest and detailed feedback which you may find very useful (or not). Just give me a heads up when it’s coming and I’ll make sure I’m home when it gets here. It’s the least I can do for a BOTL.

Rick:grin:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
You sure do have a lot of OpusX in there. Damn. I gotta get my hands on some of my own and give them another try one of these days.

That is a well stocked humidor my friend. Nice.