What's new

Ronson JetLite Torch Lighter Review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really surprised by this lighter. You can usually pick 'em at Wal-Mart for around $3. It's a very simple and basic lighter that gets the job done time after time. It lights up on first click. The top opens/closes very solid and crisp. It has all the standard features: adjustable flame, re-fill/purge port, etc. The only drawback is that the trigger gets a little hot if you're toasting a cigar.

It beats the hell out of my Nibo and other cheap lighters costing 2-4x as much.

As you can see, this lighter is built like a TANK.

Verdict:

So far, I'm very happy with this lighter. For $3-5, this is possibly the best lighter/deal out there. I picked up a few more for back up but I doubt I'll need 'em. If any of you guys don't have one, go out and get one. Hell, for the price get a couple.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
i have a couple of those,and i agree,they are great for lighting, but not for toasting. the wind is a problem though...

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love these lighters so much I went out and bought a dozen more,,,at $3 a piece I was still under budget for what a Colibri or Prometheus costs and I have 12 back up lighters.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I agree with your review and assessment of the lighter, I currently have three myself. I never could find them at WalMart though. Fortunately I did find them in all four of the finishes offered at Big Lots. Still $3.00 a piece.

I did take it apart (one screw) and removed the flame height adjuster stop, and now I can get the flame to any height I want.

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
This lighter works better than all other lighter I have come across. Best lighter around. Did anyone mention that they were $3?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree with your review and assessment of the lighter, I currently have three myself. I never could find them at WalMart though. Fortunately I did find them in all four of the finishes offered at Big Lots. Still $3.00 a piece.

I did take it apart (one screw) and removed the flame height adjuster stop, and now I can get the flame to any height I want.
Larry, if you use 3x or 5x butane and the adjust the flame with the screw you get a flame that can almost solder. Once I started using really good butane fuel this lighter is second to none and if the flame was any higher it would be a hazard.

This lighter works better than all other lighter I have come across. Best lighter around. Did anyone mention that they were $3?
Incredible price for a lighter that feels far more expensive in your hand and the way it feels when you click it. I really don't know how you can go wrong with this lighter,,if you lose it big deal,,if it stops working,,,you get another one for $3.

... And I thought I was a jetlite whore...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Everytime I pass thru the Walmart Line I see these lighters and I have to keep myself from buying more. I bought my first one a year and a half ago and it works every time. I have dropped it at least half a dozen times on the concrete, washed and dried it twice and ran over it with my SUV and it still works.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a bunch of these that I keep stashed in various locations so I will always have one in reach. I don't use them as my primary lighter, except when I am traveling and don't care if I lose it or it gets confiscated. They are excellent, but as pointed out, the trigger can get hot, and the spring tension on it can make your thumb tired if you are toasting/torching a big ring gauge smoke. Also, the finish isn't nearly as durable as the rest of the lighter. But still, for 3-4 bucks, they're incredible! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I was gifted one of these and I am very impressed at how well it works. Built solid so it is durable and works without a single problem. Great price on these, I'd get more but there's no need, the one I have will last forever.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SHHHH! not so loud! The Ronson Jet Lite is one of the best kept secrets in lighters! The only lighter I've had that is as reliable is my Zippo pipe lighter.

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m a gadget freak so I have all kinds of lighters. But I have 5 Ronson Jet lighters, spread out all over, one in my computer desk, one in my car, one in my van, one in my living room, and one I have hidden in a very secretive place so secretive I can’t even find it.:dunno:

For the money you can’t beat the Ronson Jet lighter

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been buying these since Dpricenator wrote about them. Also, they're guaranteed and if you return a broken one they'lll send you another (I've e-mailed Ronson but haven't sent it in yet).

ama

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I can't find these anywhere near me! Can anyone point to an online source, proxy me a few or just sell me some from your huge stashes? Thanks!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Also, they're guaranteed and if you return a broken one they'lll send you another (I've e-mailed Ronson but haven't sent it in yet).
For the $ is it worth it? I'd just pitch it and buy another :dunno:.

I can't find these anywhere near me! Can anyone point to an online source, proxy me a few or just sell me some from your huge stashes? Thanks!
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=ronson+jetlite&scoring=p

There ya go :thumbsup:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had 2 of these in the 4 years I've smoked, and only problem i get occasionally is it cuts out, but i think thats just cause i'm almost out of fuel or didn't bleed out the air. Excellent lighters though. Only other lighter I've ever bought was a zippo, and that was just for the name, really.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a heck of a time finding mine, had looked for months. Wal-Mart did have them, but it is very regional.

I'm told that people have found them at Walgreens and CVS Pharmacies. I can't say enough good things about mine! I think mine was $3.29 at Wal-Mart, it was the only one they had and it was at the back of a product hanger near the registers, no telling how long it had been there.