What's new

Rookie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up? I'm brand new to all of this and was introduced when I went to visit my buddy, Panicbound. Never considered smoking cigars but knew he was getting into it and wanted to smoke with him since I was a novice. I had a C.A.O. Brazilian Gol! and I really liked it. Since then I've been trying to get started.

Got the humidor and my buddy is already sending me a care package to get get off the ground. I'm looking forward to talking to y'all and bouncing stuff off of y'all. Of course any ideas or suggestions on how to get the humidor ready would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm in the process of prepping my humidor and I put the glass of distilled water in there on Thursday (5/17). I'm hoping it will be ready by the weekend so I can have some smokes over the holiday. I'm looking to ease into but wanted to know if there were any "must have" beginner smokes that I should be trying. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
welcome to BOTL!!!!!!

must have beginner smokes???

depends on what you like..... RP 90 or 92's. Torano 1916s. any Padron. any Arturo Fuente.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Welcome. Just smoke a variety. Thats what I have been doing. You will find a lot you like. Some more so than others. Ask questions too. All these people are really cool. So enjoy.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Welcome to the board.

It will take closer to a couple of weeks probably before your humidor stabilizes, but you're doing it the correct way. Just don't get impatient.

If you pick up some smokes before then, get a humidi-pak type zip-lock bag at your smoke shop to store them in until your humidor is ready to rock. :smokingco