What's new

Rookie

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
Sweet!

Glad you finally joined! I will be sending out your package tomorrow. It will include a digital hygrometer, humidification beads, and some starter cigars.

In the meantime, keep your humi closed with the distilled water in a glass/cup/whatever.......as long as you are not allowing the water to touch the wood directly (no matter what they told you at the cigar shop)!

In terms of cigars, I really like the Padron's (both the 1964 and 1926), the Gurkhas (Regent and Legend), Rocky Patels (Old World Reserves), but they may be a little prices to start off with.....

So, you may want to look at trying a mixture of cigars. Since you like the CAO's they have several different brands including mild (like the golds, and cirillos) and maduros (like the Brazilias).

I would stay away from the trendy but pricey cigars that imho they try to sucker you into like all non-cuban (NC's) Cohiba, Macunudo, etc.

However, everyone is different and once you identify smokes you like, you can throw price and other people's tastes out the window.

In the meantime, enjoy this place........it has a wealth of info, w/people who are willing to help out whether you are a newbie or a seasoned smoker.

In the meantime, I have to go get a package out to Tedski.....:crackwhip

:welcome: :pimp2:

Adam

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
What's up? I'm brand new to all of this and was introduced when I went to visit my buddy, Panicbound. Never considered smoking cigars but knew he was getting into it and wanted to smoke with him since I was a novice. I had a C.A.O. Brazilian Gol! and I really liked it. Since then I've been trying to get started.

Got the humidor and my buddy is already sending me a care package to get get off the ground. I'm looking forward to talking to y'all and bouncing stuff off of y'all. Of course any ideas or suggestions on how to get the humidor ready would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm in the process of prepping my humidor and I put the glass of distilled water in there on Thursday (5/17). I'm hoping it will be ready by the weekend so I can have some smokes over the holiday. I'm looking to ease into but wanted to know if there were any "must have" beginner smokes that I should be trying. Thanks for your help.

Jeff
:welcome:

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
WELCOME TO BOTL!!!!

I have been away for a while and so many new people are joining our happy home each day. It is great to see you here.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: