What's new

Room 101 - One Shot One Kill Pre-Release

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Drink: Diet Coke
Time of Day: Morning / first smoke
Price: $10

I picked up a few of these form the local B&M as tomorrow night they are having a Room 101 party with Matt Booth. Attached are some pictures and a beginners review on the stick itself.

As you can see there was a little damage near the cap, but nothing major. I used a cuban crafters perfect cutter. Just as a note I did not dry box this and did have some burn issues with it going out, but I did pick up 3 so I can age these as well.

On first light, the aroma was pleasant and the draw was very smooth, I would say a little sweetness combined with some leather.

Halfway through, the flavors changed slightly to a very small hint of pepper. From what I understand they are rating this as full bodied which I didn't quite think it was a full bodied cigar from a newer smokers point of view at this point. Some have said in other reviews that it had an "orange peel" and "bread" taste, which I did not pick up at all.

The ash did tend to flower quite a bit and did not hold together like a Work of Art has done for me in the past. There was quite a bit of smoke for this cigar as well and the aroma is quite pleasant.

What I would consider the final third on this cigar, it definitely picked up in strength and with its pepper taste on my palette. Still having some burn issues with it wanting to go out but I can only assume its due to not dry boxing this cigar before hand. I would say it is still fairly smooth and without eating breakfast, it is starting to hit me with a nicotine buzz. I am more of a medium and occasional full body smoker to help give you an idea as to my tastes.

I nubbed the cigar as far as I could before my fingers started burning as I don't have any toothpicks or roach clips. The end definitely had bit more spice/pepper and was really starting to hit me

All in all as a newbie I would rate this cigar an 8/10. I am not sure if the blend is going to change but will probably ask Matt Booth tomorrow when I see him at the local B&M. At this point, I would probably still prefer a WOAM or WOA natural over this cigar for the size / length of smoke. It might get better with some dry boxing and aging but only time will tell.

I would love to hear your feedback if you have smoked one of these as well.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I really enjoy this cigar... and is one of his better cigars to date.

Namakubi > OSOK > Conjura > Conn > OR 101

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The event is tomorrow. It's a smaller store and they had a huge stash of these. I am not sure when they put them out, it could have been just to get buzz for the event as well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My B&M probably had 30 at least on the shelf. No idea of the release date though. Maybe I will pick up a few more and see if people want to buy some here. Will keep you guys posted depending on what they have left tomorrow.

Ishtar

Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the One Shot was well-constructed & probably a good choice for a full-bodied smoker. During the Cigarmageddon tour, I received one from Matt Booth, who is an amazing, intriguing & personable individual. That being said, it kinda knocked me on my ass. Heavy pepper & spice remaining consistent throughout the cigar, I found it 1-dimensional & felt as if it were built solely for strength - which may very well have been the perogative since its the 1st Full Bodied blend from Matt. Although the construction was near flawless (the ash held almost the entire way through the cigar) I did have to relight it in the final 3rd & it ended very hot.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Namakubi though!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried one of the last weekend and I have to say I was not impressed. It burned horribly and had flavor. I'm not joking it was like smoking. When it was burning it the ash was flaring out all over the place. The shop I was at actually replaced it fr another and I gravest my buddy who likes milder smokes and he agreed that it smoked like airs too. I would put it in the top five worst cigar experiences, very frustrating when I was really looking forward to it after having read so much about it.