What's new

Room 101

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I read an article saying they are done - they didn't renew contract with Davidoff. I actually never had any of their cigars - anything I should try before I can never try it again?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I read an article saying they are done - they didn't renew contract with Davidoff. I actually never had any of their cigars - anything I should try before I can never try it again?
I would say no but I'm guessing others would disagree.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I've enjoyed all that I've tried from them.. nothing WOW!, but still some good, solid smokes. Especially if you get them on sale.. not sure I'd bother at full msrp, better smokes for the $$, but I enjoy the daruma silver or gold , uncle lee, and master series... I actually burnt through my 5er of master series papi chulo's faster than anything else to date! lol

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've enjoyed all that I've tried from them.. nothing WOW!, but still some good, solid smokes. Especially if you get them on sale.. not sure I'd bother at full msrp, better smokes for the $$, but I enjoy the daruma silver or gold , uncle lee, and master series... I actually burnt through my 5er of master series papi chulo's faster than anything else to date! lol
NO

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Nothing in the portfolio strikes me as a "must smoke" although if you ever want to taste grapefruit and herbal tea in a cigar, try the Daruma Mutante.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Room 101 was always just kind of "there." Nothing special. Some interesting marketing. But ultimately I don't believe the tobacco expertise was there -- and that, as much as anything, led to this demise.

I'd expect to see nothing but fire sales on Room 101 sticks now, so if you like them -- or if you just want "something to smoke cheap" then stock up.

Be aware -- Room 101 was discovered to be using short filler (scraps) and selling it in cigars they were charging log-filler prices for. A bad, and many would say dishonest business practice. Saw it for myself.

My understanding is, Matt wants to make more money, and sees liquor (tequila? whisky?) as a bigger profit center.

The FDA did not kill Room 101.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bought a 5'er of Room 101 SA a couple years back. That was an unusual flavor profile. Sort of a peanut butter meets earthy leafy herbal thing.