What's new

Rum Hunt

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm going to include Miami,Little Havana and Fort Meyers in my Florida Barn Smoke trip and I hope to pickup up some rums that I can't find here in God's Country.

Some of the things I'm looking for

Cockspur 12
Don Q 151
Doorly's 12
Ron Abuelo Anejo 7 and 12 yr
Ron Viejo Caldas Industrial Licorecer de Caldas

In addition to doing a little drinking in Little Havana I hope to do a tasting at Siesta Key Distillery
Siesta Key Gold
Siesta Key White
Siesta Key Distiller's Reserve Spiced Rum
Siesta Key Spiced Rum

Any of these not worth the $ or something local I really should try to find??

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love Rum...I go on tours when I vacation and some areas tend to have their own specialty Rums. It's all about YOUR tastes and most places will give you the option of test tasting...if they don't then they miss opportunities for sales.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I love Rum...I go on tours when I vacation and some areas tend to have their own specialty Rums. It's all about YOUR tastes and most places will give you the option of test tasting...if they don't then they miss opportunities for sales.
You ever try the rum at st maarten

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm going to include Miami,Little Havana and Fort Meyers in my Florida Barn Smoke trip and I hope to pickup up some rums that I can't find here in God's Country.

Some of the things I'm looking for

Cockspur 12
Don Q 151
Doorly's 12
Ron Abuelo Anejo 7 and 12 yr
Ron Viejo Caldas Industrial Licorecer de Caldas

In addition to doing a little drinking in Little Havana I hope to do a tasting at Siesta Key Distillery
Siesta Key Gold
Siesta Key White
Siesta Key Distiller's Reserve Spiced Rum
Siesta Key Spiced Rum

Any of these not worth the $ or something local I really should try to find??
Try googling ABC Wines & Spirits or Total Wine. Not sure which one (or both) is in Ft Myer’s area. They usually have whatever is available listed on their websites. Worse case scenario find an online vendor that would ship to you and go from there.

Honestly, I’d look more into the local rums. I think Wicked Dolphin Rum distillery is in Cape Coral/Ft Myers area.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks, Total Wine and Spirits in N Miami is on my list in addition to Latin Liquor which is only a couple of blocks from the Padron headquarters.

There must be distribution agreements required by the states because some of these rums can't be shipped to Louisiana.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks, Total Wine and Spirits in N Miami is on my list in addition to Latin Liquor which is only a couple of blocks from the Padron headquarters.

There must be distribution agreements required by the states because some of these rums can't be shipped to Louisiana.
Yes I think it’s Florida law they can’t ship out of state. If anything, I’d stop at a wally world and get a load of packing supplies and box everything up and ship home day before you leave. Or send to a friend maybe.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Driving. Bringing a small ice chest for cigars and some old wine shipping boxes for bottles. If there is something you want me to keep an eye open for you let me know

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Driving. Bringing a small ice chest for cigars and some old wine shipping boxes for bottles. If there is something you want me to keep an eye open for you let me know
Ahhh sweeet! You’re well prepared. I’m good for now thank you though!

Hope you find everything you’ve been wanting!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
i do not reach for rum that often, but been a huge fan of Foursquare - working through a zinfandel casked rum that is awesome

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had neither but I've read that Doorley's 12yr is very similar to FourSquare and a good bit cheaper, same distiller.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Picked these up Saturday while in Orlando The only bottle I've had a chance to crack is the Ron Abuelo 7 yr and for $25 it may be my favorite everyday sipping rum. Smooth, no alcohol burn and very good flavors.
DSCN1113.JPG

DSCN1111.JPG