What's new

Runners Who Smoke Cigars

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have noticed the effects of my cigar smoking and running. That just motivates me more to continue to run. I guess im more so trying to offset the effects of smoking, if that makes sense. I know smoking isn't the healthiest recreation, so I make up for it by running.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I mountain bike a lot, and run minimally (3 to 5 miles at a time). Sure smoking has its impact, but I'd rather be well-rounded than be a hardcore-mountain-biker-Lance-Armstrong-wannabe. Actually, beer is very popular in the mountain biking arena, and I'm sure it has its effects too, but that doesn't mean that every race doesn't have a beer sponsor and free beer for the racers.

Mr. Universe however-many-times-over can enjoy a cigar, and he still seems pretty fit.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
In an interview with Michael Jordan he admitted to smoking a cigar before every home game. It didn't seem to effect him much. It was an interview done by Cigar Aficionado.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
If I have just 1 cigar in a day I do not tell too much difference the next day. But if I have more than 1 I will feel the effects if I head to the gym.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I don't think I smoke enough for it to bother me. I don't run, but I do play ice hockey.

I don't notice much unless I smoked immediately before playing. Other than that, no big deal to me IMO.

I've actually started smoking on Sunday's before my Sunday afternoon game. Nice and relaxing before I go out and play.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I only smoke once or twice a week so it does not bother me. If I want to do some serious training, I kick cigars all together

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
if you don't inhale, smoke outside and away from the wind soas to inhale very little 2nd-hand smoke, and use a sinus rinse ... I'm not sure why it would effect you much at all. If you smoke inside or something, then of course it will.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Yes it makes a difference to me. It doesn't matter because I run for the cardio benefits, so time / distance isn't a huge factor. If I were training I would cut down.
I smoke about 10 a week.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Depends on how much you smoke and when you smoke compared to your running. I am a "runner", but only smoke once a week during the winter and sometimes twice a week in the Summer so I never notice it. Maybe I don't notice it because I haven't ran in a month!?! LOL Damn rainy Seattle!

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not so much of a runner, but I do do Parkour and I don't feel a difference. As long as I keep up with the usual diet when I'm gonna do parkour, I feel great.

JCJ

All for the glory of God!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not so much of a runner, but I do do Parkour and I don't feel a difference. As long as I keep up with the usual diet when I'm gonna do parkour, I feel great.
Parkour is awesome. I've seen some cats doing it and the good ones are amazing. Really calls for some agility...continue to have fun with that.