What's new

Ruth's Chris steak house

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Has anyone been to one of these? This is where my company is having a holiday dinner (and the limo service to NYC afterwards)

I hear you order your steak and you just get steak, potatoes etc are extra

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Never been there but I have heard the same.

That's a pretty pricey location for a company holiday dinner. Sounds like you made a good choice on where to work Josh. :thumbsup:

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I was in a Ruth's in Chicago and remeber it being very good. I don't remeber about the side dishes, although its possible.

Definitely an nice place for a holiday party. Whats the name of the company you work for?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Excellent steak house.

Steaks are great. The one I went to had a viewing area were you could pick your own out.

Everything is alacarte. But, that steak with a baked potatoe and some pan seared veggies that they make. Yum ! Yum !

It will probably be one of the better steaks that you have in a restaurant.

Have fun.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Poni said:
I was in a Ruth's in Chicago and remeber it being very good. I don't remeber about the side dishes, although its possible.

Definitely an nice place for a holiday party. Whats the name of the company you work for?
http://www.choopa.com

I am only employee #36 but I guess profits are good enough to throw this shindig :)

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
You'll love it Josh! First they bring out the uncooked cuts of meat for everyone to see and make their selection. The sides are served "family style" and are priced separately. It's sounds a little weird at first but it's the way most of the Steak places do it here. Have a great time!!!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The one here in Austin doesnt let you select your steak hummmm.... I LOVE this place! Me and the Mrs go at least once a month its that good. I get the Ahi tuna starter, the filet med rare, and we split a side (the a la cart sides are HUGE so there is plenty for 2 ppl). I used to be able to smoke cigars in the lounge b4 we were seated but ever since the smoke nazi's invaded and passed the no smoking law I can't do that anymore. I have asked for one of their private dining rooms and when they are open the wife and I go in there and I can smoke my cigar at the table.

Man now you got me thinking about dinner!!! Fook it this is where we are going tonight ;o)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Sounds like a fantastic place! Enjoy that steak Josh. I'll have to google this place.

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Mikes:

next ime you go into austin for a steak, I REALLY want y'all to check out Fleming's over by the convention center.

also, PM me. we need to get the details about the herf in Cozumel in 3 weeks.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
scottsins said:
Mikes:

next ime you go into austin for a steak, I REALLY want y'all to check out Fleming's over by the convention center.

also, PM me. we need to get the details about the herf in Cozumel in 3 weeks.

funny you say this....I just called to get reservations for tonight and they are booked at ruth chris. So we are going to try this felmings place. We love Roy's right next door (asia/hawaiian fusion food) and have always wanted to try Felmings next door. What have you had there that was good?

As for cozumel we can meet up at my new apartment (it is on Juarez and calle 15 north) down there or meet up at Dannys cigar shop or whatever...I got 2 weeks to burn :0)

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Ahhhh....Ruths Chris Steakhouse mmmmmmmmmmmm

A couple years ago in Scottsdale, Arizona, while out there on business I had one of our broker's take my wife and I there for dinner. Somehow we ended up with 16 of us for dinner, with 4 different brokers splitting the tab. They screwed up and gave me the wine list. LOL That was their first mistake. Like someone already said, everything is ala carte. We ended the meal with shots of Louis XVI @ $225 a shot. With tip, that meal was $6,000.
Such a fond memory. I know those brokers won't forget that meal. LOL

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
jcgoldner said:
I get hungry everytime I see this thread. Let's stop posting to it! :drool:
Josh,
Whatever you do, DO NOT click on the above link. I just ate, and I'm wanting to go there.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I eat at Ruths Chris quite often. The steaks are great, and so is everything else. I have eaten in several across the country, and also in Cancun. The great think about Ruths Chris is they are very consistant from one location to the next. Bone in Ribeye is my favorite.

I think its Mortons that brings the raw steaks over to the table for you to choose. At least that what they do in the Mortons in NYC.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
RonC said:
I think its Mortons that brings the raw steaks over to the table for you to choose. At least that what they do in the Mortons in NYC.
You know what Ron I might have been confused between Mortons and Ruths Chris bringing the raw steaks to the table. I think you are right it was Mortons.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
RonC said:
steaks are about $35 a pop. sides for 2 to 3 people about $7-$8 ea. appetizers about 10-15
That's not too bad. I was thinking it was a lot more