What's new

Ryder Cup

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Fun to watch and having at a Minnesota course there has been so much hype on TV and radio. I was lucky enough to get on the course for the US Open in 91. Their fairways are better then some of the putting greens that I have been on.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Was there yesterday with the wifey and a bro. What an incredible experience, not your typical PGA event. Fans were loud and rowdy, crazy atmosphere, players started to get pumped in the afternoon. Everyone was having fun. Its tough to get close, so you have to camp out but I got to see Sergio trow a dart on 1 from the grandstand. He was about 60 yds out and almost dunked it. After watching the groups move through we went to the 7th tee box, kind of the signature hole. There we saw DJ smoke one over the tree on the right, the only guy to try it and he swung BIG. Moved on to the par three 13 and saw Willett/Westwood dump one in the water, we threw out some "Get your snorkel" jeers. Good times and well worth it. My buddy and I are gonna play the course next week.

I didnt take a lot of pictures, just wanted to enjoy the day. I dont get giddy over celebs but we did see MJ, he was cool and signed some autos for a few kids.

Ive never seen a crowd like this on a Saturday...

Its worth watching today if youre even the slightest bit into golf.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Watched some of this on the plane home from Florida. Definitely exciting to watch and the back and forth action kept me on the edge of my seat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Tough living in MN and being away for an event of this caliber. Was lucky enough to play a tournament there this summer and was in awe the entire time!!

I'm Canadian but must say that I am pulling for the red/white/blue.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Congratulations to the Americans for winning the 2016 Ryder Cup. Probably the best Ryder Cup since Kiawah Island in the late 80's. The singles match between Reed and McIlroy was worth it alone. Great theater.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Congratulations to the Americans for winning the 2016 Ryder Cup. Probably the best Ryder Cup since Kiawah Island in the late 80's. The singles match between Reed and McIlroy was worth it alone. Great theater.
I was there for 3 days at Valhalla, which was pretty good. Especially watching Phil bomb drives 375 at the time.

What I got to watch this weekend was great though.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Was there yesterday with the wifey and a bro. What an incredible experience, not your typical PGA event. Fans were loud and rowdy, crazy atmosphere, players started to get pumped in the afternoon. Everyone was having fun. Its tough to get close, so you have to camp out but I got to see Sergio trow a dart on 1 from the grandstand. He was about 60 yds out and almost dunked it. After watching the groups move through we went to the 7th tee box, kind of the signature hole. There we saw DJ smoke one over the tree on the right, the only guy to try it and he swung BIG. Moved on to the par three 13 and saw Willett/Westwood dump one in the water, we threw out some "Get your snorkel" jeers. Good times and well worth it. My buddy and I are gonna play the course next week.

I didnt take a lot of pictures, just wanted to enjoy the day. I dont get giddy over celebs but we did see MJ, he was cool and signed some autos for a few kids.

Ive never seen a crowd like this on a Saturday...

Its worth watching today if youre even the slightest bit into golf.
If you're ever in the Phoenix area in the beginning of Feb make sure to check out the Waste Management Open. It's how i get non golfers hooked on the game. Grant it, they probably don't watch any other events the rest of the year, but i like to think that they do lol