What's new

RyJ Churchill A/T FRH OCT 04

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I bought a box of these as a "special occasion" cigar on the recommendation of a number of the brothers here. They've been resting in the humi for a couple weeks and tonight I decided the occasion was special enough to have my first RyJ Churchill.
IMO it's everything you all and MRN said it would be. First off, it's simply a beatiful cigar. Well made, firm, shiny wrapper and elegant gold band. When I fired it up I was surprised by the smoothness. I guess I expected a cigar of this size and youth to be more "in your face". Not at all. While it is definitely, as MRN describes it, robust and complex, it's also smooth enough to exhale nasally and enjoy the flavors without any discomfort.
I started out with it on a late night walk around the neighborhood and after two rounds had only burned an inch and a half. The ash held without any extra care even though the dog was dragging me around while he checked his P-Mail. I got back to the house and laid back on the deck for a bit, went in and made some Kenya Royal Select Decaf and have been out here surfing the 'net for a while. It's now an hour and twenty minutes into it and I'm just a little over half way through. It's as smooth as when I first lit it.
This is a GREAT cigar. If it's this good at this young age I can only imagine what it'll be like in five or ten years. Now if I can just hang on to some of them that long!
Excellent recommendation guys. Thank you!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Review. The RyJ Churchill has always been a hit or miss cigar for me. Maybe its time I buy an '04 box and give this cigar a try again.