What's new

RYJ Hermosos#2 2004

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone I'm new here and thought I'd just jump right in.

The RYL Hermosos #2

This one is clearly right up there with the new EL's. This cigar's high quality construction is evident topped with a beautiful velvety dark brown wrapper.
From the start, this cigar is sweet on the lips with immediate flavours of burnt cocoa. Strong and full-flavoured in body with plenty of youthful spice, its depth and flavour intensity increased without 'losing it' - a sure sign of good balance. Later on, richer burnt almond and dark chocolate notes made it good to the very end. Lots of potential for greatness to come with at least a year of aging.

I am not a huge RYJ fan but for the money I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone agree or disagree I would be interested in other peoples takes on this habano.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Very intersting thoughts there scott. I happen to have 2 boxes of these sleeping right now. I keep thinking of firing one up but then again there so new and definitly need some sleep. But maybe I should toast one to see how it is and then keep toasting every 6 months and see how they develop. But the hard part of this is I have so many sticks here that it's tough to do that specially being winter here in the northeast and I'm not able to sit/stand outside and freeze to death with a cigar. I do try though to get together with some of the NJ gang once a week at JR's and enjoy the company and smokes. But alas how many can you really enjoy in a 2 or 3 hour period.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
ehdg said:
But alas how many can you really enjoy in a 2 or 3 hour period.
Well, if you smoke like a vacuum cleaner Erich, you could squeeze in 4 or 5!!:smt040 But you'll look like this afterwards! :smt119

Thanks for the review. I find these to be very green imho, but I feel they will age into GREAT smokes.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tubaman said:
Well, if you smoke like a vacuum cleaner Erich, you could squeeze in 4 or 5!!:smt040 But you'll look like this afterwards! :smt119

Thanks for the review. I find these to be very green imho, but I feel they will age into GREAT smokes.

Kevin,

Tahnks for the good laugh this am. I was thinking that exactly too and thats why I have mine sleeping instead of lighting them up. I thought they where probally too green and need a nap.