What's new

RyJ Robusto EL 2001

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just love it when you forget about a box for a long time and then happily discover it while re-arranging the Humi.... So it was when I re-discovered my forgotten box of RyJ EL 2001 Robustos.

The appearance of these gems (ABR01) is awesome and the aroma that leapt out and surrounded me upon opening the lid was amazing. They look like bars of chocolate and there is something about seeing a beautifully aligned and perfectly matched row of cigars that brings a smile to a cigar smoker almost unlike anything else in the world.

I like to draw on a cigar right after cutting it - pre-light. The real good ones give you a strong indication as to what you are in store for. And so it was with this cigar. The 1st and most prominent flavor was beautifully aged and cured TOBACCO... remember that sensation --- long before all of the "nuances" of cassis and african violets that some find in their cigars - I LOVE the sensation brought upon by a great Tobacco !!!!

Upon lighting - this cigar COMES ALIVE !!!!! Effortless and almost endless amounts of smoke - all flavorfull - never harsh - just a DELICIOUS and Rewarding taste experience and sensation. Construction of the cigar was impeccable - the stick almost smoked itself !!!

Yes, in addition to the tobacco, I did get the taste of coffee bean and a chocolate type of aftertaste - but the real beauty of this cigar is that it wasn't necessary to break this down into it's individual components. The entire sensation is what spoke to me --- and it was saying that I had a GEM of a cigar...... and so it was.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Great review Roman...

Just makes me think that the boxes I have burried in the bottom of the humi will be worth it 8) It's a bitch the first year though :? :( :lol:

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Great review. I had one of these a few weeks ago. It had a straight forward tobacco taste, smooth.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nice Review Roman!!!

One of my very first trades was with this fine Gentelman, Roman sends me an assorment of cigars, to a noob, me!! In the package was one of these beuts!! I smoke this cigar a few months after Doc sent it and I was instantly hooked, love at first toke, the flavors were amazing!!! Needless to say That I now consider these one of the best Robustos I have ever smoked!!!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Excellent review. =D>

I was gifted one of these by a BOTL, its marinating in my humi. Can't wait!

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
DocRKS said:
Upon lighting - this cigar COMES ALIVE !!!!! Effortless and almost endless amounts of smoke - all flavorfull - never harsh - just a DELICIOUS
Also not much for details, but agree with Roman that this is one robust robusto. Quite a little powerhouse of a smoke.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I love these too, and i still have the one you gave me geoffrie. thanks. I will probably smoke it real soon.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
DocRKS said:
I just love it when you forget about a box for a long time and then happily discover it while re-arranging the Humi.... So it was when I re-discovered my forgotten box of RyJ EL 2001 Robustos.
Nice review Roman. I hope to have your problem someday...to have so many boxes of fine smokes I lose track of what I have......

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bro Dino - They're easy to find - just point your car WEST along Interstate 80 and come on over - My Humi is at your disposal......

BTW - that goes for you too Bro. David (Viper139) though I suspect you'll be heading EAST from NV....

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
DocRKS said:
It's even harder to forget about having a box of these buried when someone REMINDS you of them. LOL Thanks Doc, I had forgotten I have one of these until I read this post. Great review, now I'm going to have to dig it out and fire one up. It's been about a year and a half since I had one of these babies. Actually I appreciate the reminder for tomorrow, one of these will die.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Have 2 or 3 of those in the humi...may have to try my first one! Thanks for the review.