What's new

RyJ Short Churchills

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just smoked a 3 pack of tubos over the last 2 days. This is my first attempt at smoking robustos, so you may want to take that into accoun here. I really like a rich dark taste and at the first couple of puffs I thought I would be let down, but once you get em going, I must say that they are really good. Amazingly good draw, almost too good, sometimes I accidentally inhaled a little bit. Tons of smoke, they were so good I smoked two in one sitting, both of em right down to my fingers. I don't have much to compare these with, but If you are a fan of RyJ, the Short Churchills give that experience. I'm just about to order 2 boxes of these, I think with a little age they will be kick ass.

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't smokeing 2 robustos in one sitting defeat the purpose of smoking a robusto? :smokingbo
Well, I don't think so. To a certain degree yes, however you don't really know you are going to want a second one until after the first one is done. I actually think that 2 robustos is quite nice, as the flavor development, draw etc is much different than on a prominente, for example. I am by far not an expert on cigars. I would ask this though, if your favorite cigar, flavor wise was a robusto, wouldn't you smoke more than one in a sitting?
After I smoked the first one, I just had to smoke another, it was so darn good.
If you haven't had one of these, pick up a 3 pack and see for yourself.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a review from an ABR 06 Box:

I picked this cigar to review because I had not seen the Short Churchill done yet. For starters, the cigar had a draw like a straw. I initially punched the cigar but ended up cutting it toward the end to get all that I could.

The construction of this stick was outstanding. When I opened the box last night, the smell was so overwhelming that I could not resist firing up one of the these. From the initial light, I tasted the "classic" RyJ. It reminded me of a well refinied RyJ Ex #4. The flavors present were of cinnamon, cedar, and underlying tones of burnt toast.

There was only one flaw in the cigar, it started to canoe, but caught itself up in no time. During that period, a peppery taste stug the tip of my tongue for a moment and then transferred to my palate for about 2-3 minutes. The sensation was rather pleasent to be honest. There was very little ammonia content from this young stick (ABR 06) opposed to some cigars I have had from this past year.

Even as I was "nubbing" the cigar, flavors were rapidly changing, making me hesitant to put it down, but as we all know, all good things must come to an end. There is no telling what time has in store for this cigar. I can only imagine what it will be like in years to come. A classic cigar in its own right!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review. I personally think this is a fantastic cigar. It is a little free in the draw but the flavor is amazing. It's an amazing robusto that ranks right up there with the Partagas D#4. The nice thing is that it doesn't seem to need the additional aging like the D#4. Did you smoke the tubo or the naked stick?

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review. I personally think this is a fantastic cigar. It is a little free in the draw but the flavor is amazing. It's an amazing robusto that ranks right up there with the Partagas D#4. The nice thing is that it doesn't seem to need the additional aging like the D#4. Did you smoke the tubo or the naked stick?
I have smoked both, and noticed that the tubo had a slightly bigger draw, I assume this is due to the box press on the others.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a single, that I've been holding out on, but thanks to you review, I may go home and put it to death by fire :smokingbo

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Finally got a few, tried one, and decided they needed to sit for a little while before I come to any conclusions on it. Looking forward to my next one though.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I really like the Romeo SC, more and more every few months, yet I've never have had a fondness for the Hoyo PR. Not that I dislike it in the least, but while I really enjoy the Hoyo line, the Petit Robusto never has grown on me.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Damn! I bought a 3-pack of these but ended up giving them all away! I really wanted to smoke one of them!
Time to go get some more I guess.

TYLER