What's new

S.T. Dupont Xtend protective pouch

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
A friend of mine made up some trial pouches for carrying around my Xtend lighter. We are working out the exact size and style, but she might be able to create a few of these and I am going to sell the extras to any of you guys that want one.

Here are some pics of two of the example ones she sent.
First one is a little big, but the lighter fits and the material is soft so it wont get scratched. I'm not crazy about the color, but it was just material she had laying around

The same pouch with the lighter inside

The second example is a perfect fit, it just needs a new method of enclosure on it. She put velcro inside, which isn't good for the lighter. It would work as a nice pouch without the velcro at all even.

I like the color of that material and it has this snakeskin pattern but is soft felt.

So Xtend owners out there I need your input: Would you be interested in buying one of these? What kind of enclosure would you like (the long side, the top, or just a simple pouch without velcro)? What would be a fair price... $10-$15 shipping included?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I just found this material on e-bay...

I could have it ordered and then make one thats black felt with this pattern sown onto one side.

If you guys would order one, but have a color or style preference let me know.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have a synthetic leather pouch the B&M gave me when I bought mine...somewhere.

It would probably make it difficult to take it in and out of your pocket if the outside was felt.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I have a synthetic leather pouch the B&M gave me when I bought mine...somewhere.

It would probably make it difficult to take it in and out of your pocket if the outside was felt.
I'll have to give it a test run and see. She doesn't really work in leather, but maybe some other kind of fabric for the outside and felt inside would work?

I need to know who would want one, then I can find out how many need to be made. Might be a chance of getting more than one color.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
A microfiber material in black would be nice. If she can do one like that, I'd be a buyer. Perhaps a pouch to hold an XTend & Palio which closes with velcro? When open, you have two slots: 1 for the Palio and 1 for the XTend which, when folded together, stay closed using velcro? Would be nice!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I would not be buying one Josh...just so you can keep track.

I just don't need one right now.
You said you had the case they gave you so I figured as much. Plus the orange one is matte. As they no longer are making matte models these might come in handy for quite a few people.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Pretty cool idea, especially the double pocket for the cutter/lighter.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I wish my Xtend came with a pouch originally. I recently bought a couple of other cheaper torches and both came with black leather pouches. So I just keep the cheap one's in the office and keep the Xtend in the pouch to protect it. While smoking and the torch is not in use, I put the torch on top of the pouch, it prevents from sliding around the seat. I like the idea, but have not need for an additional one at this time. Thanks Josh.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
I use a (p)leather one that came with with a solo tek lighter, I believe. it works great but my only complaint is that the material covers up the side vents which prevents it from drawing in air, thus extinguishing the flame.

not sure if you have the same problem with your pouch, but if you wanted to make a form fitting leather one get someone to cut some slits for the vents.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I have a case from Xikar that fits my palio. I may or may not need one depending on what the cost ends up being. Also, if it is a limited quantity, someone can take my spot.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
I use a (p)leather one that came with with a solo tek lighter, I believe. it works great but my only complaint is that the material covers up the side vents which prevents it from drawing in air, thus extinguishing the flame.

not sure if you have the same problem with your pouch, but if you wanted to make a form fitting leather one get someone to cut some slits for the vents.
Hmmm, it never occurred to me to light the lighter while in the pouch...makes sense about the oxygen supply.

I always put mine in upside down to keep debris from the top.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have a DuPont, but if someone wants to give me one, I'd be happy to buy a pouch for it. :hysterica

Sometimes I just crack myself up... :yes:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Wasch_24 said:
Hmmm, it never occurred to me to light the lighter while in the pouch...makes sense about the oxygen supply.

I always put mine in upside down to keep debris from the top.
I light mine in the pouch but I think i end up pulling the ligther out a bit which clears the vents.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
You could fit a zippo on the pouch too, its about the same size. I might have her make up about 5 or so. She said they weren't that hard to make. I'll ask about a dual pocket design.