What's new

Sage Humi advice needed

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys!

I've been thinking about buying a humidor after smoking a few cigars so I don't have to keep going to the store haha Im lazy.I don't really know much about them or want to waste my money on a shitty one.

I am worried that I will get one that is not the right size then I will end up having to buy another one because I don't really know what to look for and I am new to this.

Saw some options compared on this site and I am leaning towards the Case Elegance one.

https://puffclassics.com/best-cigar-humidor/

I have a budget of $150 and I still need to get a decent cutter! Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally something that I can't mess up lol, something simple.

Thanks for the help :)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are you looking for something that looks nice on your desk or are you simply trying to store cigars? Many of us have gone to tupperware with Boveda packs for humidity control. Cheap, works great and you can expand as your collection grows. Where will you keep your cigars, temperature is important if your home gets in the upper 70s

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Those glass top desktop humidors are pretty, and they almost always suck at retaining humidity. @Boudie has some good advice if you're not worried about aesthetics.

If in fact you are set on a humidor, I'd avoid ones with a lot of glass. The more seals needed, the more potential for failure.

I've had good luck with Dave at CheapHumidors.com , at least you can get more ideas if nothing else. Good luck!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Before he knows it, he's gonna have a coolidor...
Yep. I've been back at it less than nine months. I have two 5L Sistema tupperdors. For the last week I've been thinking I might need a third.

The weird thing is I feel like I'm running out of cigars if I have room for more than twenty. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground between, "I need more storage" and "oh my god I'm running out."

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Yep. I've been back at it less than nine months. I have two 5L Sistema tupperdors. For the last week I've been thinking I might need a third.

The weird thing is I feel like I'm running out of cigars if I have room for more than twenty. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground between, "I need more storage" and "oh my god I'm running out."

I was right where you are a few years ago. I have a 28 bottle fridge, a cooler, and two desktops that used to be "tetris'd to the seams." Then I got back into playing music, and the "GAS" (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) took over. I also started smoking less, as more of my freetime went to tweedling knobs on my synthesizers.

I guess I'm just saying that it might not always be like that for you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for something that looks nice on your desk or are you simply trying to store cigars? Many of us have gone to tupperware with Boveda packs for humidity control. Cheap, works great and you can expand as your collection grows. Where will you keep your cigars, temperature is important if your home gets in the upper 70s
I was looking for something that is functional as well as looks nice. I am pretty sure I am going with this one humi link

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help everyone! I am pretty sure I am going to go with this one
Humi Link
If the wood on wood seal is not great I may add a little fill there or something. Let me know what you think

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you are storing less then a box of cigars it will work. Not quite sure what under $40 buys so I hope it meets your needs. Your investment is small enough that if you embrace the hobby and expand your collection you really haven't wasted any money. If it leaks you can always put your humi in a zip lock bag or container. Don't forget your Boveda pack

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Humi Link
If the wood on wood seal is not great I may add a little fill there or something. Let me know what you think
Buy lots of Boveda because this thing is most certainly going to be a leaky hot mess. Get twice what you think you need so you can keep them in rotation while recharging the unused ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Humi Link
Check FB Marketplace and OfferUp. People are always shedding stuff they’ve outgrown or a woman has told them they can’t keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk