What's new

salomones/perfectos

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Sometimes if I want to have a long smoke I like to have a figurado. I was doing a cursory glance at the habanos lineup and it looks like its either cuaba or the salamones/presidentes from partagas would be what I'm looking for.

Can anybody shed some light on Cuaba or the Partagas offerings? Are they any good? Are they consistent? Construction issues? Also wondering if there might be any other offerings I'm over looking?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I've been wondering the same thing. I keep looking at the Cuaba's and have come close many times when they were on sale but have yet to pull the trigger.

I'd be interested to see what feedback you receive on this.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
they're Cuban......so of course they're not consistent.
The Parti offerings can be exceptional, I like the Presidente very much. the Salamon needs a big commitment of time before lighting up.
Cuaba cigars are very mild to me and a bit one dimensional, construction is pretty good.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've smoked a lot of Cuabas. Mainly because they are reasonably priced, especially for a figurado. I agree with Nacho Daddy, they are mild and a bit one dimensional, but I enjoy them.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Sounds like I need to put presidentes on my list.

For the cuaba smokers, are the blends similar across the vitolas? Is there one that stands out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Cuaba is mild, the only blend I had was the Diadema (2007)? Well constructed but I agree a little lacking in depth of flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8486.JPGIMG_8493.JPGIMG_8498.JPG

I know it's not the rolling page but these are my new favorite shapes.

Any ideas for any to try for inspiration I would love to hear. I need to try some good ones. I have only had an ave Maria and AJ relic salomon. Those are shit compared to smokes you guys talk about on here but I still love that shape so I am trying to learn to roll those too.

For reference I love psd4 and h upman mags.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would consistently smoke the Salomones when I lived in Hong Kong. I found them to be good when I got one that was not plugged. I would have to say that it was 50/50 for me. I always did hear good things about the Cuaba but have tried one.