What's new

Same Cigar - Different Presentation - Is that normal?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I tried doing a google search but maybe I wasn’t wording it correctly and couldn’t find the answer.

Most of the boxes of cigars I’ve gotten over the years arrive as they can be found in singles at B&Ms - wrapped in cellophane.

I have been getting Oliva Serie V Melanio cigars lately in lots of 5 or 10 and they’ve all been in cellophane.

So I saw a good price on a box of these so I bid and won.

It arrived completely wrapped in great condition but upon opening it - the cigars were not in cello.

Is this more common than I’ve seen in my few years smoking? Makes sense that singles are wrapped but I’ve not experienced it where the boxed ones weren’t unless they were Cuban.

Just wanted to check. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I was into these pretty heavily back about 5 years ago and they always came naked back then. Actually I don’t think I have ever seen one in cello so I’m wondering if they maybe started packaging them differently in the last couple of years?

If that is the case then you probably got a box that was older stock which may also have been why it was on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigars marked for individual sale will most always come in Cello's in the US. However, when you buy a cigar sold in a unopened box, it is not uncommon for them to be uncello'd. Many brands do this, its nothing to be alarmed by.
This makes no sense. Are you suggesting the store puts them in cello?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's not unimaginable to believe the manufacturers provide cigars in many different formats. Boxed with cellos, boxed without cellos, bundled with cellos, cellos with and without bar codes. Why ship a bunch of expensive 20 count boxes to someone like Famous when they're just going to make up 5 and 10 packs or sell them individually?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen Melanios in cello, but some stores re-cello sticks that are naked, for handling/damage purposes when buy singles or packs

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This makes no sense. Are you suggesting the store puts them in cello?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Nope. There are different SKU's most times for items intended to be sold per stick, vs items intended to be sold per box. They come from the manufacturer cello'd when the shop orders them with the intent to sell them *per stick*. However, say if you buy a box from a major online retailer it may come with no cello, as they are intended to be sold *per box*. Some manufacturers will still put cigars intended to be sold per box in a cello tho.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Nope. There are different SKU's most times for items intended to be sold per stick, vs items intended to be sold per box. They come from the manufacturer cello'd when the shop orders them with the intent to sell them *per stick*. However, say if you buy a box from a major online retailer it may come with no cello, as they are intended to be sold *per box*. Some manufacturers will still put cigars intended to be sold per box in a cello tho.
^yup

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I’ve got a box of Melanio Churchill no cello, and 5er of robusto with cello.

I’ve seen other brands with and without, too. Padron and Tatuaje are two that come to mind

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Interesting, I never knew of this...never thought of this either.

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies.

Makes sense to me I was just checking.

Been a busy work week so just now got to respond.