What's new

San Cristobal de la Habana El Morro DIC 01

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
I have always wished to go to the El Morro in Havana, and the closest I have ever gotten, however, was a particulary ill-fated trip to "El Cid," better known as the Military College of South Carolina, also known as The Citadel, where I was forced to see my school's team crushed once again , but that being said, when I went there, I was amazed by how the place looked so much like the pictures I had seen of Havana, taken in the 1920's. I had commented to one of my friends at the time, that it would not have suprised me if I saw Batista's ghost wandering around the place. (I found out that he once visited the place, in the 1960's.) I could imagine no better place in Hell for him lie, than there, at "El Cid."

Now, the San Cristobal El Morro is quite an exquisite cigar. It's unlit aroma speaks of the fields of Cuba, so much so, that if you roll it between your fingers as sniff it, that you can almost hear "Guantanamera." Cutting it revealed that it had a most perfect of draws. I had a firm feeling that perfection was at hand. After lighting it, the smoke, as expected, had the consistency of nothing else other than whole chocolate milk, relaxingly warm, with subtle earthy flavors. Oh my, oh my. As time passed, and clouds of billowing smoke eminated from this cigar, the flavors were magnificent and rich, transitioning after the first third, from nothing but that delectable flavor of chocolate milk to something a bit more intense, such as a far more earthy flavor, as one expects from one of the Vegas Robanias, namely the Don Alejandro, mixed in with a good helping of cinnamon, the South Vietnamese Saigon cinnamon that one can get, if one looks for it today. The taste that lingered in one's mouth when I wasn't puffing on it, retained, throughout the entirety of the cigar, the ubiquitous flavor of chocolate "mermaid" milk. I started to get the shakes during the middle third, not because this cigar was strong in the sense of power, as I found it not to be, but because it made my stomach feel like I had not eaten for a week. This cigar gave me the munchies, like no other cigar has ever done to me. I refrained from eating, no matter how much my stomach might have growled, so I could smoke this cigar, uninfluenced by the tastes of other things, that might have destroyed my pallate. However, as my seccond attack of the shakes were wearing off, then, without much warning, as things meandered into the final third, that flavor of chocolate returned, with the sort of intensity that one expects from a Belgian dark chocolate, however, here it was accentuated by a slight earthy essence, and a far greater, however subtle, a definitive taste of oranges. Even though I was standing up, I didn't feel light-headed at all, suprisingly. I do have the feeling that those whose addiction to caffine does not absolutely eclipse and pre-empt the sensation of nicotine, will have to dissagree with me on this. It was a wonderful experience, a great way to spend two and a half hours on my feet, however I am going to regret lobbing off the breast of that mermaid to smoke it now. This cigar has true, real ageing potential, and will most assuredly get better with time. If one wishes to make a killing, one should corner the market on these cigars, and sell them off like the Cuban Davidoffs are sold off currently, as one should turn quite a handsome sum. Dear me, these are magnificent!

The San Cristobal de La Habana is yet, just another box of cigars that I must get. Oh, my mind quakes at the thought of how many months it will take to save enough to get these, and all others on my wish list, and how many hours it shall reuire to build another humidor for these, and the other fifteen boxes of cigars that, like this San Cristobal de La Habana El Morro, I have tried a sampler of, necessitating the purchase of a box, if not two. It is thorougly reccomended by this person, even if this post is filled with miserable spelling errors, giving evidence that this poster is either some miscreant or some uneducated troll. Please look beyond this, say I, do your self a favor, and get some.