What's new

San Cristobal de La Habana La Punta

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So a couple of nights ago I was laying around desperately wanting to smoke a cigar so I cracked open the window and lit up the La Punta I had purchased earlier. The cigar is a classic campana much like the Bolivar Belicoso Finos.

After lighting it I noticed a definite woody taste and some spice (peppery). The cigar was running a bit here but I kept smoking it in the hope that it would correct itself and did after some patience.

As I progressed in the first third the taste of pepper got more intense

As I completed the first third I started to notice some hints of coffee along with strong woody and spicy notes.

As I worked my way through the second third I started to get a lot of straight up tobacco taste and the cigar got stronger. Lots of straight up unadulterated tobacco with great smoke. I love the campana and piramide shapes as the cigar seems to smoke much cooler, the tapered tip really helps.

With the ash finally off the spicy woody taste returned.

At about this point I noticed some coffee/chocolate flavour accompanying the spiciness and woodiness that seems to underline this cigar and have a wonderful after taste developing.

Getting carried away with this one put it out shortly later since it was getting a bit bitter.

After thoughts:

This is a quality smoke I can't help but think I smoked it a little wet and some age would make a world of difference. Total smoke time was around one hour so it was a nice way to relax, watch some bball and wind down after a long week.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Great pictures and review!

I have yet to try one of these, though I love the flavor profile of a few of the sizes that I have tried.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I haven't smoked any San Cristobal's for some time. But from your review. It sounds like I need to give them another try.

PS: Nice pic's