What's new

Sancho Panza Double Maduro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I beleive I am going to order a 20ct. box of Sancho Panza Double Maduro La Mancha (34.95 at Famous-Smoke) to put in my Tupperdor. I have read good things about these and I haved decided to buy a box w/o trying one first.

What are your alls' thoughts on these?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one earlier this summer in the churchill size. I thought it was a great smoke. Burnt evenly and drew very nicely. Really nice straight forward maduro flavour. Ive been thinking about getting a box as well.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nice inexpensive cigar. Lots of chocolate. A little harsh but for th e money not bad.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let them sit for at least 6 months after you get them. They age pretty good. Like CWS said, they are harsh, but good none the less.

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This thread actually prompted me to buy one today on the way home from work. I'll be burning it here in about another hour or so.

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I finally got around to this thing Saturday evening, a little later than expected. Friday night I ended up smoking a Punch after dinner maduro first off (finally tried the cigar that I handed out when my sone was born in '99. I didn't smoke back then) and wanted to try this one on a clean start.

I picked up the Cervantes.

I cut it with my increasingly dull cutter (I know. No excuse, but it has really only gone down hill in the last 5-6 cigars that I've smoked) and I think that lead to the only down fall of the cigar. It is a box pressed and the cap was not that large. When I cut it, the wraper started to come up a little bit. I just delt with it until I could not go any farther. With about 1 1/4" left, it became unmanagable. The thing just let go all together. I think punching it is the way to go.

I didn't notice much taste on the wraper, nothing jumped out and made me say WOW. But, it was not bland enough to make me think 'what's the point'. The ash is a good solid white and holds on to a little over an inch and a quarter at a time. It had some good flavors in it, but I'm not the one who can pull all the different times out by name. It was a little harsh as mentioned above, but just slightly.

It is a decent little maduro that I would buy again and let age some or for nothing more than to try again. Not a bad little <$4 cigar.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Thanks for the review Frank

Oh and get yourself a Palio, you won't have any more cutting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.